Sunday, April 30, 2017

Fire Angel Chapter 2

"Moneka, that's a pretty name," I said to the little girl. "Thanks," Moneka said eating a cracker. "How long have you been on the run? You look rather young so not that long I imagine," I said. "Not long, I don't think. It's hard to tell," said Moneka. "I thought so, how old are you? Eight, Nine?" I asked. "I'm ten," said Moneka. "Wow, that's a shock, I heard that three was when your kind could control their vectors," I said. "My parents hid me. They kept me out of sight from people and didn't even see me much, I was a prisoner in my own house. I broke out and when I did I killed them. I was not mad at them I knew why they had done it. But I killed them anyway," she said. "That's sad, but how about we become a family? We'll never leave each other and I can teach you how to fight," I said. "Ok! And How about I do not kill you," said Moneka. "That sound nice. Want to get out of this cave? I have a bit of emergency cash, maybe we could get an actual home. And if you want you can go to school. Maybe we could try to live a normal life," I said. "That would be nice, but what if I hurt someone with my vectors?" said Moneka. "You'll have to learn how to control them," I said. That night we packed our things and headed for a town. We traveled for a few days so that we were far away from the lab. We finally came to a small town by the ocean. I got ribbons to cover Moneka's horns, it would raise suspicion. We found a small beachside house to rent. It was small but it was cozy. I enrolled Moneka in the local school as my little sister. "Remember, don't get mad, and be nice. I don't want to have people suspect us of not being normal," I said before sh left. "I know Phe," she said and went to school. I sighed. I got ready to try to get a job. It walked to small stores in town and asked if I could have some work. Everyone said no until I got to a diner. "I was wondering if there was a job available," I said. "Yes, there is please come this way," said the man taking me to the back. I got a job as a waitress. I wouldn't get orders I would just clean up the empty tables. It was not hard, and I got ten dollars an hour so it was good pay. My shift ended right before I had to go pick up Moneka. She was waiting for me and her eyes were red. "What happened?" I asked worriedly. "Some kids made fun of my hair, they said it was funny looking and called me a-a freak!" said Moneka and she burst out crying. "Come I'm not going to let that happened, come on, let's talk to the teacher," I said taking Moneka's hand. "I tried, she said that I was being ridiculous, and told me to be quiet and sit down because the boy who called me a freak is her son," said Moneka. "That's terrible, and I am going to talk to someone, ok? I'm not going to let you get hurt, now let's go home," I said picking up Moneka and carrying her home. When I got to the cabin I saw a man waiting for me. "Excuse me? I something wrong?" I asked. "I heard someone had moved in here and I wanted to welcome you and to ask you a few questions," said the man. "I guess, please come in," I said opening the door. "I was wondering how old you are, I want to make sure you are a legal adult," he said. "I turned eighteen about six months ago," I said. "How old is the little girl," the man said. "Ten what are you doing here? I rented the house, and the owner knows that I'm a legal adult and I have a right to be here. So get out," I said slamming the door in the man's face. That was close. "Moneka do you want to eat? I have some leftovers from the diner I brought home," I said to Moneka. "Ok sis," said Moneka looking down from the attic that was her room. She had a sleeping bag and a small battery powered lamp. I slept on the small couch because I wanted Moneka to have a room to herself, and feel like a normal kid.


                                                                          Phoenix

(I don't own this picture)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbpsi93m5II

this is the video I got the picture from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....