Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Betrayal Chapter 1

I've been betrayed so many times, I've had my spirits crushed so many times it's hard to count. It started when I moved to a new school in third grade in a new country. I had met a girl called Cleo at the public pool during the summer and learned she went to the same school as me and was in the same class. I was happy to make a friend in my new home. During school, Cleo showed me around the school and we had lunch together. I was happy for a few weeks, then Alliesandra became friends with Cleo and just like that, I became ancient history like I had never existed. Cleo had abandoned me just so she could be popular, I hoped she would remember me and return from the dark side, but she didn't if anything she drifted father away. I felt like someone had pushed a huge piece of lead in my chest that couldn't be removed. I was so scared of talking to people and people always commanded me to talk on the playground because of my accent, I would always shake my head and not say anything. I hated that people just wanted to hear my accent. I was really bad at math and cheated on my test a lot just so I could try and pass. But it was so obvious I was cheating and I was always the last one to finish. I felt stupid I was bad at spelling and had bad handwriting. I felt like a failure. It didn't really matter if I got a bad grade, my parents weren't strict, but I felt that people would think of me as stupid because I had to have so much help with everything. I was ao scared of everything. The only thing that made me feel better was reading, I could forget the real world and be plunged into a different world filled with monsters and heroes and things that didn't exist in real life. Soon I was reading whenever I had a spare second, I read so much that my brain was filled with so much. I was such a good reader it was hard to find something challenging. But because I wasn't good at reading out loud I was put on a lower reading level. I still read harder books, not caring that the teacher told me they were too hard. I was able to shut out all my problems when I read. It was like I was addicted to reading, to escaping my life in hell. I read so many books, once I tried to keep track, but I stopped after fifteen because I was reading to much to keep track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....