Wednesday, April 12, 2017

War in me Chapter 5

"Saphire, you and a few other girls are entering on AGT,  We have reports that s bomber is going to place a bomb on the stage and is going in as a contestant," said my handler. "I understand," I said.
   A few days later I was on TV in another disguise, my name was Jane and I was a singer. "Hi, my name is Jane," I said smiling sweetly to the judges. I had black hair that went down to my waist. "Nice to meet you, Jane," said Simon. "How old are you?" Heidi asked. "I'm thirteen," I said always smiling, I wanted the impression I was a bubbly nieve girl. "You can start," Howie. I sang the song Cake, with the song Don't in the background, and I did it faster than the original, it was called nightcore. When I was done everyone clapped for me. I bowed and walked off the stage. I watched the rest of the additions. I looked for suspects. "Sapphire, you have a new target, you need to kill the suspect, and stop him. If you don't you and many others will die," said my handler. "Yes, who am I looking for?" I asked. "His name is Dylan Elise, he will audition t day, get close to him, he is meant to be someone who doses dangerous stunts. You just need to make sure one of them goes wrong" he said. I hung up my phone. When I saw him my heart did something funny, it was like it did a flip. I didn't know what it was but when he came closer my heart did a few hundred flips. I walked towards the waiting area and tripped, he caught me. "Are you ok?" he asked. I couldn't say anything. I got up and walked away and said "thanks" to him as I walked away. I googled my symptoms thinking I was sick. the only thing that came up was "You are in love, you are not sick" I was so scared. Everyone at the agency said the love was bad, it would mess up missions and make it so I couldn't fire a gun or anything, my legs would get wobbly and I would act stupid. I knew if I said anything not only would I be taken out of the mission, I would get more conditioning. I knew to kill Dylan without a second thought, but for the first time, I was reluctant to even think about pulling the trigger. I thought it wouldn't be bad to get close to him, have him trust me. When he was done with his act he sat down next to me. My heart felt like it would explode. "You're a good singer," Dylan said after a second. "Thanks," I said trying to sound nonchalant. "I liked your act, it must have been scary, I know I could never do that," I said. "You'd be surprised how many times I hear that," said Dylan. "I bet it's a lot," I said. "Sure is," he said sighing as if he didn't like doing stunts. I didn't say anything. After about five minutes of silence, he said: "When did you start singing anyway?" "When was little I have always loved music," I said lying. "When did you start risking your life doing stunts?" I asked. "About a year ago, I guess I was tired of listening to people and living it safe, so I wanted to do something stupid, get an adrenaline rush you know. I guess you could say I got addicted, I loved the feeling and thought maybe I could do something for my family by doing something with it" he said. Dylan didn't sound like a suicide bomber. "That's why you're doing this?" I asked. "For your family?" "Yeah, we don't have a lot of money and my dad always said to do something useful, so I am," said Dylan. "It's cool you're helping your family," I said. I really didn't want to kill him. "Yeah, I guess it is," said Dylan. "Why are you doing this?" he asked. "I just like to sing, I don't have a reason to be in this like you," I said not lying, I just left the part out where I had to kill him. "a lot of people don't really have good reasons for things," Dylan said. "I'm Jane by the way," I said holding out my hand for him to shake. "I'm Dylan, it's nice to meet you." He said taking my hand. When he did my heart skipped a beat. I got an alert on my phone. It was about the prince I killed. Still unknown what happened to him, maybe missing, kidnapped or something else. The cleanup team had done a good job erascing the evidence. "What's that?" asked Dylan. "It's just an update on the missing prince, I don't usually care about these things but this story caught my eye," I lied. "I think it's interesting too, a million things could have happened, he could have run away, he could have been kidnapped or maybe even killed, it said he went to a party, so who knows what could have happened," Dylan said. "You seem well informed about the case," I said trying to get information out of him. "My dad is always telling me and my big brother to pay attention to what happens in the world," said Dylan. "That's smart," I said. It was 3 o'clock, and I was getting hungry, want to get some lunch with me? I'm starving" I said getting up. "Sure," said Dylan. I was so nervous my palms wouldn't stop sweating, all I had to do was get close, but that seemed so hard without making a fool of myself and getting taken out of the mission. Deep down I didn't want Dylan, maybe I could fake his death, or stop him. Maybe if I didn't kill him he and I could be real friends, I wouldn't have to lie to him about everything. We went to a Subway and got a sandwich each. But the other part of me said I had to kill him, I was my job and I had to complet it. I didn't know what to do, so I did nothing exept eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....