Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Bullet Train Chapter 16

Luke has been brooding over Ana for three days now. "Luke come on! Cheer up you're no fun like this," I say on the way to school on the third day. Luke doesn't say anything he just glares at the ground. "He hasn't been this way since Amber," says Mike whispering the Amber. "I know, and she was forever ago," I say. "Who's Amber?" Asks Nicole walking next to me. "A girl who used to be the gang, Luke really admired her and well she went back to her family and we never saw her again. Luke was so upset he barely spoke for a month," I whisper. "Sounds bad," says Nicole shrugging. "You don't know the half of it," says Mike. "Kata is coming tomorrow for a week with Nico. I can't wait to see her. It's been forever," I say changing the subject. "I haven't heard from her since that attack she did, and the video," says Nicole. "Is the DA still doing the attacks? We haven't done anything in forever," I say. "Nah, it was fun but now there really isn't that much to do anymore so we're stopping for now, maybe not permanently, but I don't know when the next attack will be. To be honest, I was getting bored with it anyway," says Nicole. "Same, it really wasn't fun after a while," I say. "Ugh! Did you study for the test? I didn't study at all! I'm so dead," moans Nicole. "Here, those are my notes it has everything we need to know. Study next time Nicole, I'm not letting you take my notes forever," I say handing Nicole my notes. "Thanks, Bullet! My dad would KILL me if I failed this test. He says that if I don't pass then well I'm not allowed to go home, but I will! Besides he knows I only go home every month or so. But he did also say he wouldn't let me learn magic and I have to! How can I take over the family business if I can't do magic?" Says Nicole. "Well then study and you can learn, I can help you study but from now on I'm not letting you just take my notes," I say looking at Nicole who is already studying as fast as she can, which is pretty freaking fast. "Ok I'll study next time," says Nicole walking to her locker. "So what is the test about?" Asks Mike. "It's about the witch hunts in England and all that gore, Nicole's dad is really strict when it comes to blood and gore in tests and he's always pushing Nicole to get good grades on them, but strangely he doesn't really care about anything else," I say. "Why did I ask? Of course, it's about blood and gore and painful death if it's Nicole," says Mike wearily. "We need to get to class now, come on!" I say when I hear the bell. In class, we have a sub and the sub doesn't care about what we do so everyone goes crazy. "What are we going to do about Luke? He's really down about Ana," says Mike during class. "I don't know, Maybe we try playing matchmaker?" I suggest. Mike smirks, "What? What are you smirking about?" I demand. "You playing matchmaker? No way, I'm vetoing that idea. What else can we do? Maybe a good old fight? Find a few thugs do our thing. That always helps Luke feel better," says Mike. "Remember what mom said? 'No more fighting you two, you may be used to have fought a lot in New York but this is LA and I will not tolerate any sort of fighting,'" I say pretending to be mom. "Oh yeah, what if we just did some good old parkour? I know! We could go on the Ninja Warrior course like we did forever ago but during live TV, on the hardest one. Imagin it. Three teens can do what hundreds of people have trained for years," says Mike. "Maybe, but we'll need to first get past everyone, but that would be fun, of course, we wouldn't show our faces but we would one-up everyone their," I say. "Maybe instead Luke just does the course normally with everyone else. Then he wouldn't have to hide his face and it would get his mind off of everything," I say. "Sure, we should make sure Luke is down for it first though," says Mike. "Of course," I say right as the bell rings.
     At lunch, Nicole is picking at her food. "How was the test?" I asked. "I either failed miserably or I pass and got a good grade. I hope it's the latter, I really don't want dad to get mad at me and not let me learn or I'll be so mad! I probably will but when Dad is serious he is terrifying. And he was dead serious. I really need to pass this!" Says Nicole not taking her chin off the table. "I bet you did great," says someone behind Nicole. "Nate! What are you doing here? I didn't know you would come. Wait, is Dad mad at me? I really hope he's not mad at me," says Nicole. "Nah he's not mad, but he wants you to come back now," says Nathan. "What for? What happened? Tell me! Dad only ever asks me to come home when it's bad. What is is Nate! Tell me! I have to know," says Nicole talking almost to fast for me to register. "It's your mom, she's back," Says Nate. "Nope nope nope nope NOPE! Mom can NOT be back! How! When? Why? Now I'm really dead!" Says Nicole scared. It's the first time I've EVER seen her sacred. "Come on we need to leave now," Says Nate. "Right, of course, I'll see you guys later, I hope," Says Nicole grabbing her bag and running out the school with Nathan within a minute. "Who is Nicole's mom?" Asks Mike. "Beats me, but she must be scary or else Nicole wouldn't have freaked out like that," I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....