Thursday, April 13, 2017

Hidden Chapter 2

Everyone is talking about Haley's clue, and everyone is thinking about who it could be, in fact, there's a page dedicated to try and find out who Harley is. I was ruled out within the first five minutes, I'm too shy and unpopular, there's on way I would be Haley everyone said. That's fine with me. Everyone is going crazy trying to figure it out. It was the buzz of the whole school, in fact, everyone in the city where trying to figure out who Harley was. When I got home and took a selfie, I posted it on Snapchat and wrote, "I'll give you a hint to help you out tomorrow, I will stream it live at 4:30 PM it will be a big clue so watch out" I smiled It was going to make this interesting. I was all over the media people were pulling out their hair trying to figure it out. "Wow, Harley sure is driving people crazy don't you think?" I said to my dad. "She sure is, I wonder who she is, it really is a big mystery," said my dad. "Me too, she must be super popular in school," I said. "You don't sound very excited about the clue" my dad noted. "I am, it's just there are so many people in the city, it would take forever to find Harley," I said. "You have a point but she could be in your school too," said my dad. he was such an optimistic person. "Maybe," I said sleepily.
   At four thirty the next day I put on my mask and hit record. "Hi, people of the world! As I promised I will give you another clue because I know NYC is really big, and you must be going crazy trying to find me so the clue I'm giving you is: Stanford Middle School, I hope this helps a bit, it will still be hard to find me but, I don't want to make it to easy now do I? But I wish you all the best of luck finding me!" I said and shut off the video. "Well now that I've narrowed down the search everyone at school will be freaking out," I said and left my room and saw my dad. "Hi dad, why are you standing right outside my room?" I asked. "I figured you would be watching the live stream so I wanted to listen in and hear how you would react," said my dad. "Well I think it's really cool that the legendary Harley goes to my school," I said. "Me too, I told you maybe she could go to your school," said my dad smiling. "And you were right," I said and went back into my room. At school the next day everyone was in a frenzy trying to figure out who Harley was. I couldn't blame them, nut I knew they wouldn't find me, even if they tried as hard as they could. I saw a poster on the notice board when I walked into school, it was about the school talent show. I was in two weeks. And Harley was going to enter. I didn't pay attention to people but I know they were talking about Harley. After school, I waited in the bathroom for twenty minutes then went to the notice board and wrote Harley in a slot and ran home. I stayed undercover for the rest of the day.
"OMG! Look Harley entered the talent show!" said Pippy pointing to the board. Everyone was crowded around the board. I looked for a few seconds wide-eyed. Some people were taking pictures. I thought it was kind of crazy. Again I didn't care what people said so I didn't listen. I planned to write a new song for the show. I wanted to win so bad, I wanted to do something I loved in front of people not hiding behind a screen. I started writing down the start in a notebook I kept. I made sure on one would see it. At home, I finished the song. The two weeks flew by in between the talent show. I called in sick on the day of the show and waited and And at three thirty I got my stuff for the show and snuck out to school for the show. I snuck into the girl's bathroom to change. When I was done, I was super careful to get to the stage. I opened the door to the entrance to backstage and heads turned. I felt exposed but I walked over to a seat and sat down. Everyone was completely silent staring at me. I wanted to curl up in a ball but I kept my head high. Act after act went until it was my turn. I walked out on stage and everyone gasped, it was Harley, she had come. I plugged in the bead for my song into the speaker and started singing my song, it was called "Mean Girls" and sung my heart out. When I was done everyone clapped. I flashed a peace sign and walked off stage. Everyone was saying how amazing I saw. "Thanks!" I said smiling sweetly. It felt so good to be the real me. When the talent show was done I was pronounced the winner. "Hi, everyone! I'm so happy to be here! I think it's so cool! If you think about it, it's my first song that I've sung in front of people not on YouaTube in person, and I'm so happy it could be today" I said and left the stage. I changed out of my clothes and into my normal ones and took off my mask and ran home and got in bed. A second later my dad came to check on me. "how are you?" he asked. "I feel tons better dad, thanks so much," I said smiling weakly. "I came to check on you a few minutes ago and didn't see you can you tell me why?" asked my dad. "I don't know what you're talking about" I lied. "I thought that you might know maybe a certain someone called Harley would know," said my dad lifting his eyebrow. "I don't know who she is" I lied. "Oh really?" said my dad not believing me. I rolled to my other side and closed my eyes. "I'm really tired" I mumbled...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....