Monday, April 17, 2017

Bullet Train Chapter 7

"It could last up to a week longer," said the doctor on the third day my legs refused to move. "What?!" I said shocked. "It might, or it might only last a day or less, you'll just have to wait and see," said the doctor. I grumbled, but I knew it couldn't be helped. When we went home I went to my room and looked at the mark on my arm it looked the same, like a snake wrapped around my arm. I don't know why I didn't like it, but I didn't. At school the next day I was allowed to use crutches instead of the wheelchair. I was still hard to move, but it made me feel better than being stuck in the wheelchair all day. I wasn't allowed to participate in gym because we were doing volleyball and I would just be a handicap. I watched the games taking note on who was good and who was bad. It wasn't that fun but it was better than nothing. "B you can go to your next class now," said the teacher. I got up and started going to my next class. When I was in the hallway I saw the boy I had ran into a few days ago. He looked familiar, but I couldn't remember who. When I got to my next class someone tripped me and I fell on my face. I hated how much I fell. I tried to get up but couldn't, I cursed under my breath. "Need some help?" asked the boy I had run into. "Yeah thanks," I said taking his hand. He saw my tattoo and stared at it, I saw he had the same tattoo. I stared at his and he stared at mine. He had his initials an L. Mine had BT. "Luke?" I asked. "Bullet Train?" said Luke at the same time. "Who did you get here?" We asked each other. "I'll tell you later," said Luke and whispered a meeting place in my ear. "I should go," said Luke and turned to walk away before he did I gave him a hug, "We all thought you were dead," I said. "You should know me, I'm too smart and strong to kill, I'll see you later Bullet Train," said Luke ruffling my hair. I used to annoy me, but I couldn't be mad at Luke then. I was smiling for the rest of the day. I didn't see Luke but I knew he was there. "Are you ok B?" asked Kiki. "I'm fine, why?" I said. "You're smiling, you usually just glare at everyone," said Kiki. "It's nothing" I lied. After school, I left as fast as I could to go the to meeting place. I was Luke waiting for me. "It's good to see you Bullet Train, I must say I never thought you would be in LA," said Luke. "I got caught by the cops and adopted," I said. "I saw Mike too, why it he here?" asked Luke. "I went on a little trip a little while after I came here, I disbanded the gang because they were weak without me, and Mike wanted to come here with me," I said. "A year ago Mike and I were doing something stupid and I got electrocuted really bad and was in a coma for a whole year. And sometimes for no reason when I push myself too hard my legs lock up, this is the first time it's happened but it's scary, what about you?" I asked. "I got caught by the cops trying to pickpocket someone and was kept in the orphanage for a year until I was adopted and moved here, I just started going to that school you go too and heard rumors about a girl called Bullet and thought it would be you," said Luke. "I didn't even think you were alive, I thought you were dead," I said. "I know, I should have contacted you but I couldn't risk it, my adoptive parents are total control freaks, and get so mad when I do anything I want to do," said Luke rolling his eyes. "I should go home now, should I tell Mike your here?" I asked. "It's better I'm not found out about," said Luke. I nodded, we had all done something bad that we needed to hide from, and ever your friends might stab you in the back. "See ya Bullet Train," said Luke and left. When I got back I didn't say anything and just went to my room to do my homework. When I went downstairs to get something to eat I heard my dad talking to my mom. "The doctor told me that her legs could be paralyzed forever, she didn't want B to know because B seemed so determined to walk again, she thinks it might be nerve damage, B moved to much and way too many nerves died at once, it might be possible for B to walk again but the odds are extremely slim" said My dad to my mom. "If B ever finds out this will break her heart," my mom said sounding sad. "If B lets her legs heal it will take a while but she might be able to walk, but she refuses to use the wheelchair," said my dad. I went back to my room. I really wanted to walk so I thought I should give the chair a shot. In the morning my mom was downstairs getting ready for work. "Hi B, heading to school? Are you sure you want to use the crutches, the doctor said you could get on your feet faster if you used the wheelchair" said my mom. "I guess I'll use the chair, It's tiring to use the crutches," I said sitting down in the wheelchair. I got my bag and headed to school. "B wait for Mike," said mom. "Ok," I said and waited outside for Mike to get ready. When Mike was ready we went to school. "I heard mom and dad saying if I use the crutches then I may never walk again and I really want to walk so I'm using the wheelchair," I said. "Well I hope you will be able to walk again if you can't then you won't be able to punch me as hard or kick me," said Mike. "Oh yeah?" I asked and punched Mike in the arm. "I stand corrected," said Mike. "Of course you are, and I'm your leader," I said smirking. "Former leader, you disbanded the gang, remember," said Mike. "Wrong, I still have the leader tattoo, I never officially gave it up so I still am your superior," I said. "You asked if I wanted to be leader," Mike reminded me. "You declined if you had said yes then we wouldn't be talking you would be in New York," I said. "Why do you always win these?" asked Mike. "I dunno, I just have more evidence than you," I said. At school I heard the two girls in my first class who always gossiped, they talked about me and Mike. "I heard that B used to be Mike's superior, they were arguing about who was the leader or whatever, I heard that yesterday B met someone after school in secret, I wonder who it was. Yeah she was smiling yesterday, and she ran into an older boy and they acted like they knew each other and they had the same tattoos, the strangest part is, he ruffled her hair and wasn't punched, it looked like she liked it" said, one girl. "I know! It was so weird and I don't think she told Mike, maybe he doesn't know" said the other girl. I was so mad, and I heard it a few more times in different classes. After school, I saw Luke leaning on the wall. "Hi Luke, what are you doing?" I asked. "I thought I should see Mike, you can wait with me if you want," said Luke. "I don't know if you should, Mike might flip out, he was so mad when you left, he might not take it well" I warned. "I guess, some other time maybe, I do want to talk to you though, preferably alone," said Luke. "Sure," I said. When we went down the street a bit and went in and alley Luke spoke: "You ok? I heard all the rumors, about you know. It really is strange what these people come up with" said Luke. "I know, we can't talk long, but I wanted to ask you about the code you gave me when you were caught, does it work? I never used it and was curious" I said. "I works but I can only be used once after that it will be like it never existed," said Luke. "Ok, I just wanted to know, I'm glad you're back," I said smiling before I left. When I got back to school Mike was waiting. "I've been waiting for you for five minutes were where you?" he asked. I just wanted to clear my head, come on or are you going to stand there until school starts tomorrow?" I asked. "Fine, come on let's go," said Mike sighing. "Can we get something to eat? I'm hungry" I said. "Sure, I'm kinda in the mood for a burger" said Mike. We walked to a MacDonalds that was down the street. When we got our food we ate at a table not talking. "What were you really doing?" asked Mike. "What do you mean?" I asked pretending to be confused. "I know you lied so tell me what where you doing" said Mike. "I was talking to someone" I said. "Who?" asked Mike. "Since when do you care? It's not like I was in danger, You know that I'm a great fighter" I said mad. "I just want to know, because you know" said Mike. "I really hate it" I said. "Me too but, dad told me that if this went wrong then it would be bad for us and everyone we care about. So we don't really have a choice" said Mike. "It was nothing," I said again. "What don't you trust me? It's not like I did anything illegal" I said and left. "Why does he not trust me? It's not like I ever did anything to him. Well, I guess I did punch him but I don't think that's the reason, I guess he just doesn't like the stunt, I hate it too, but I mean really? Man, he was kind of acting pretty," I said and went home.
     The next day I swing myself out of bed and walked down that stairs. "I can walk again! I guess my legs unlocked" I said smiling. "That's great B," said my mom who always woke up early so she could go to work. "I'm really glad I was really getting tired of not walking and moving my legs, I promise to not push myself so much," I said to my mom. "That's great B," said my mom again. I left for school early and heard whispers in the hallway about me and Luke meeting yesterday. "You know how everyone says B and Mike are dating? Well I think that boy B talked to yesterday is her secret boyfriend and he was planning to tell Mike but B convinced him not too, and they talked in the alley. And later Mike got made at her, I think he's going to find out soon" said a girl. "Did you see they have matching tattoos? It's so strange I bet they did it to symbolize their love" said someone else. I glared at them and they shriveled back trying to hide from my glare. I smirked. They were so stupid, what people could think up. I did a quick scan of the hallway and saw no one else whispering about me. I was good at reading lips no matter how far the person was. I saw Mike walk in and walked away quickly to my first class. It felt so good to walk again. During math I thought about my road trip I had taken in the Toyota and how I brought Mike back. It was like a dream now. "B can you please answer this problem?" asked my teacher. I took a marker and wrote the answer on the board like it was nothing. When I sat down I kept day dreaming. Right before lunch, I saw Luke in the hall, I walked over to him and slipped a piece of paper in his hand. He looked at me, and I tapped out a small phrase on his hand in morris code. He nodded and walked away. The note read: Need to talk. I tapped the same thing on his hand so he knew. Then I walked to lunch as if nothing had happened. A few people saw but didn't say anything. Me and Luke used to communicate in morris code a lot when we were far away or needed to get a message to each other fast. I saw Mike and sat next to him. "Are you still mad at me? I swear it was nothing," I said. He didn't answer, I took it as a yes. "Fine be that way, but I'm not doing anything," I said and sat a few feet away. "I don't care you know, I just want to be alone for a while," said Mike. "Sure, I understand," I said a bit disappointed and sat at a different table. After school, I saw Luke I coughed three times and he yawned. I walked to the park and he followed close behind me. We had a code if I coughed three times it meant: Follow me and if he yawned that meant ok. At the park in an out of the way place I stopped. Luke walked up to me. "What do you need to talk to me about?" he asked. "I think we should tell Mike, he knows something but he's not sure what," I said. "I figured, but I'm worried about he will react as you said, we don't know," said Luke. "I think he'll just need to hear what happened," I said. "Maybe, oh and congrats for getting out of the wheelchair," said luke. "Thanks, did you hear those stupid rumors?" I asked smiling. "I sure did I could bearly stop myself from bursting out laughing," said Luke smiling. "I know, it's crazy," I said. "Want some ice cream? I have a few bucks on me" said Luke. "Sure, it couldn't hurt, I do want to know more about what happened to you," I said. "I thought you would ask So basically the orphanage was hell, and when I was adopted I tried to run, but I was tracked down and I kept trying to run, so the P's made it so that if I run then I get shocked by a bolt of electricity. I swear it feels like I'm a dog" said Luke. "How do you get zapped?" I asked. Luke showed me a watch he had on. "This little thing. Can't take it off, it has a lock on it that is too small to pick" said Luke. "Let me see that," I said and pulled out a needle I had in my pocket. I looked in the lock and moving around my needle. A second later the watch fell off. "How?" said Luke. "I'm much better at picking locks than you, don't you remember?" I said we walked home. "Thanks for that Bullet Train," said Luke ruffling my hair. "Why do you do that?" I asked. "Because you're like a little sister to me," said Luke. "I guess, you are the one who found me three years ago," I said. "I'm glad I saved you," said Luke before we parted ways. When I got home I saw Mike waiting. "Hi," I said, I had disposed of my ice cream. "Hey," he said, his voice sounded hollow. "Are you ok? You don't sound so good" I said and put my hand on his forehead. He was burning up. "Mike you're really sick, come on you need to lay down," I said grabbing Mikes arm and I hauled him upstairs. When He was in bed I got a washcloth and a baisen of water and I put it on Mikes forehead to try and lower his temprter. The washcloth got warm so fast that I had to put ice in the basin to cool the water. "How long have you been sick? You can't hide that you're sick." I scolded. "I'm going to call a doctor fast, don't move" I ordered. "This is bad, I can't believe that Mike didn't say anything" I said before calling a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....