Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Hidden Chapter 1

"Watch it Lily!" snapped Pippy the most popular girl in school. I had tripped and dropped my stuff right by her feet. "S-sorry" I squeaked. "You better be," said Pippy. I got my stuff and ran to my next class. I kept my head down when I walked trying not to draw attention to myself. "Did you hear Harper's new song? It's so cool! I've listened to it like a million times. I wonder who she is" said a girl as I walked by. I speed up my pace a bit, I got nervous when people talked about Harper, not knowing how close she was. I chewed on my cheek thinking about my huge secret, I was keeping from everyone, even my parents. But I couldn't avoid it. Everyone was talking about Harpers new song.
    When I got home I turned on my laptop locked my bedroom door, put on my red mask and hit the record button. "Hi, everyone! Thanks for all your support with my new song, I'm so happy that you like it. In fact, I'm so happy I'm going to give you one hint about my secret identity, I live in New York City, I know NYC is huge, but I give away too much. I'll see you soon!" I said and stopped recording. I posted it and started my homework. No one could know I was Harper, it was my secret, it was the real me and I wouldn't tell anyone. I wanted to stay hidden, I couldn't show people the real me if I did then it would be a disaster. "Lily! Dinner!" called my dad. I went downstairs and saw my dad had Extra on, a news show that talked about celebrity gossip. "Harley had just given a hint to the world saying that she lives in NYC, for people who live in NYC are scrambling to try to find out who the mysterious Harley is," said the guy. "Wow that's big news, maybe she goes to your school," said my dad. "No way dad there is now way the famous Harley would go to my boring school," I said stuffing some food in my mouth so I didn't have to talk. "You never know Lily, she could be your best friend," said my dad. "Dad I told you I don't have a best friend, I don't even have a friend," I said. "You should get a few friends Lily, the therapist said I would be good to have some friends you can talk to," said my dad shaking his head. "Dad you know I hate talking to people who aren't family," I complained. "I know but you should make an effort, your social skills have nosedived since your mom, you know," sad my dad. "Dad It's fine, I don't like being around people dad, you know that," I said getting up and went to my room. No one understood me, they all thought I didn't make friends because of my mom, or other traumatic things that had happened to me. The truth was I just had learned not to get too close to people after a few years until I just didn't talk to anyone. I covered my heart with so much stone that it couln't be reached. I did want to make friends, I wanted to be happy, outgoing, the real me. But I couldn't. So I came up with Harley, she would be the exact opposite of me, the perfect alternate personality, no one would ever think it would be me hiding behind the mask. After my first video, I blew up. People loved me. I freaked, I was so scared people would find out Harley was me, but on one did. MYC was so big no one would ever know it was me, unpopular social outcast Lily. And that's the way I liked it. If anyone found out I was Harley I would just die, of enbarresment! So I didn't tell anyone, because even if they swore on their lives they would tell sooner or later. I closed my eyes and fell asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....