Sunday, March 5, 2017

Broken Inside Chapter 3

I have been going to art class for about a week and I'm already the best in the class. I work on pictures in a notebook I got during Lunch where I draw everyone sitting at the different tables. I label each one in tiny writing. I work on them every day, I like drawing things I see every day, then I study them for a long time trying to figure things out like a person's emotion or their thoughts while they were doing something in the picture. "Ash! Time to go!" called my mom.  I walked to the front door. I go to therapy three times a week because I don't have feelings, but it never helps at all. But the doctors never give up. Overtime is the same, and every time they get the same results. Sometimes stay for the night for unknown reasons. Sometimes I have strange dreams about what looks like another life. And in them I have feelings, I feel pain, happiness and even being sad. I keep having one dream, of a woman crying and telling me that it would be fine. But when I close my eyes I always wake up. I don't know what it means, but I know it's important. One day I walked down the hall to my room when I had a lightning sharp headache. I and I saw my life flash before me, but it wasn't mine, it was someone else, the person from my dreams life. I saw a smiling face in front of me, who I assumed was the mom who I had seen cry so many times. And a boy smiling at me in a hospital bed before he closed his eyes and the heart rate machine made a straight line signaling the boy was dead. I felt agony about losing him even though I didn't know him. I opened my eyes to see I was in the hall still at home. I went to my room and without thinking started drawing the boy, when he was smiling dead. And then I drew the mom. I fell asleep exhausted after I was done. When I woke I heard my mom walking in my room talking on the phone. "Doctor, I believe she remembers her life. She drew pictures of the boy and of the mother! O f course she remembers!" said my mom. I was confused but kept listening. "WE NEED TO DO A MEMORY WIPE NOW!" my mom shouted suddenly. She left the room and came back with a syringe and plunged whatever was in it into my system...
     I woke up then a few days later. "Hello sweety, how are you feeling?" asked my mom smiling. "What happened?" I asked. "Oh, you hit your head, and it was really bad," said my mom. "Ok mom," I said falling back asleep not dreaming. When I went to school then next day I walked into school when someone ran into me. "Hey, Robo Girl" they snarled. "I don't understand, I'm sorry," I said with my voice even. I couldn't find my classes and needed help. I was five minutes late to art class. "Sorry I came late, I couldn't find the room," I said. "Ash are you ok?" asked Will when I sat down. "Yes, why?" I asked. "You're acting strange," he said. "How so?" I asked. "You know where the room it so why did you have trouble getting here?" asked Will. The same thing happened all day I didn't know where I was going, but nothing seemed wrong. When I went to therapy I was told I would have to stay for a few nights. Every night they did something different always making sure I was ok. Well, that's was they said. On the last day,  I remembered again, and I didn't tell anyone. I had more dreams. But one day I had a dream beyond the mom crying over me and me closing my eyes. I knew why the girl was in the hospital, she had been in a car accident that she wouldn't recover from. Then I had a dream of me waking up and feeling different, getting tested and then going to my family, but they acted like I was adopted. Then I dreamed of the boy, but I saw another boy with him, it was Will. "You killed him! You killed him! Why did he trust you? Why did I trust you! I will never forget this Lily!" He yelled. "You will pay" he growled before storming out. I looked in a mirror and when I saw myself I looked the same except I had red hair and My eyes looked alive. When I woke I remembered everything. And I was going to find out who Lily was. When I woke it felt like I had died. I knew I was alive, but I knew I wasn't. One day I was walking home when Will walked up next to me. I thought he wouldn't say anything. But he grabbed my arm and held me tight so I couldn't escape. A van drove up a second later and Will flung me in. "Don't say a word" he growled. "Don't pretend you don't know what's happening, that you don't remember," he said. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Don't play dumb Ash, or should I say, Lily," said Will. "What's happening? Where are you taking me?" I asked. "Can't tell you. And even if I could I wouldn't" said Will. I didn't say anything. "Do you remember?" asked Will. "Yes, I do, but I still don't understand a lot of it," I said. "Let me sum it up for you, you used to be called Lily and you fell in love with my brother, and he was killed because you convinced him to go to the city, and a building exploded trapping my brothers legs under rubble, and paralyzing them, and you survived, he didn't make it, through the hospital. A few days later you ran in front of a highway and got hit by a bus, I still don't know if it was suicide or an accident. After that you were turned into a cyborg and given fake memories" said Will. I didn't say anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....