Monday, March 13, 2017

The Pop Star and the tomboy (Jackie's POV)

I walked home from school listening to the pop star Angle's new song, Summertime Sadness. I was daydreaming about being at one of her concerts singing with her. I knew it would never happen, my family was very poor. I remember my birthday a month ago when I got my MP3 player and twenty dollars to get music. I knew how hard it must have been for my parents to get the money, and I knew they must have been saving up for months. I looked down and saw a strand of my light blue hair and my light blue hoodie. I heard a bunch of girls walking up the street and put my hood over my head. "Look who it is, hi Jackie," said Chloe. I didn't say anything I just started walking faster. Chloe's friend grabbed my arms to stop me from getting away. "Don't do that Jackie, we're all friends here," said Chloe. I made the gum I was chewing into a ball and spit it right on Chloe's shoe. Chloe screamed. I ran to my house. This happened every day, and it never ended well. I went to my room and did my homework than at five o'clock I went to my job at a close by MacDonalds. I worked every day for three hours a day at the cash register. I was paid twenty dollars a week. That night at about midnight I sang Summertime Sadness and Heart Attack. I was walking to work the next day when I ran into a girl with long pink hair. "Sorry!" she squeaked. "It's fine" I mumbled. "No, it's not! I ran into you, and I want to make it up to you" she said. "It's fine, it's not liked I'm anyone important, you shouldn't waste your time with me," I said. "Why should I not apologize to you?" she asked. "Hey loser!" said Chloe who had seen me. "great!" I mumbled. "Well, what's going on here? did the loser make a friend finally" taunted Chloe. "S-shut up Chloe," I said turning around. "Why should I?" she asked. "Leave her alone! What did she ever do to you? I pretty sure you just like teasing her all the time" said the pink haired girl. "Shut up loser," said Chloe. "No, I won't because you can't order people around like they're your servants," the girl said. Chloe was speechless. "You win this round loser," she said walking away. "Thanks for that" I mumbled. "No problem! By the way, what's your name?" she asked. "I'm Jackie," I said. "I'm Angela," said Angela. "Nice to meet you," I said. "Shoot! I need to go, or I might get fired" I said running to work. When I finished Angela was waiting outside. "What are you doing here?" I asked I was actually waiting to see if you want to go to a karaoke bar with me, I thought you might want to go, it's going to be boring on my own. "I guess," Excited but worried about the price. "Great!" said Angela. When we got their Angela got us in, apparently she had a membership. We went in a booth and I picked a song, I picked my favrie song by Angle: Summertime Saddness. "Want to duet with me?" I asked Angela. "Sure," said Angela picking up a mic. We started singing and I completly let go and sang my heart out. When I was done Angela was smiling. "You're amazing! Do you do anything like chorus or voice lessons?" asked Angela. "No, I don't have enough money for anything like that," I said. "How about you? You sounded so good, almost you are Angel" I said. "I know, my friends tell me all the time," said Angela. "That's cool," I said. "I need to go home now, see you tomorrow?" I said. "Sure! I can't wait! Do you go to Gorge Highschool?" asked Angela. "Yep, why?" I said. "I'm going to be going there for a little bit," said Angela. "Cool! Maybe you can walk to school with me" I suggested. "That would be great!" said Angela.
   The next morning I waited for Angela at the place we decided to meet. "Hey! Sorry, I'm late! I overslept a bit" she said running up to me. "It's fine," I said. "So, when did you start singing anyway?" asked Angela. "Oh a while ago, To be honest at first I only sang anime intros, but I really got into Angel about a year ago so now I listen to both, sometimes I even try and translate Angels songs into Japanese, but it's not very good," I said smiling. "I really wish I could play the guitar though, that would be amazing to bad my parents don't have the money. I remember when I was little my uncle triedto teach me but I didn't really want to back then," I said. "That's so cool! I sometimes wish I could play the guitar," said Angela. "So, when did you start singing?" I asked. "Oh when I was little, I remember going into a record store once and hearing the most amazing song and I wanted to sing, so I did and it paid off a lot," said Angela. When we got to school we went to homeroom, we only had a few classes, and it was the end of the semester so we had to pick a new elective and me and Angela both agreed to do music. "Maybe we can learn how to play guitar," said Angela. "That would be cool!" I said smiling. "Hey look, if it isn't Jackie," said Chloe. I rolled my eyes. "Nice to see you too Chloe," I said. "You better not be taking music. Because I'm the best singer in the world" said Chloe smiling smugly. "Can we hear you sing? If you are as good as you say then I want to hear" said Angela. "Fine! be prepared to be blown away" said Chloe flipping her hair and started singing the first verse of Summertime Sadness. I covered my ears as did everyone else in the room. A few people ran out of the room. When she stopped everyone had their ears covered and were cringing including Angela and I. "I told you I was good" said Chloe. "I think you need a lot more practice," said Angela. "This is how you sing," she said and started singing a bittersweet melody that was amazing, everyone listened to it some people even came to listen outside the door. "You're ok," said Chloe stalking away. "I think you just made a powerful enemy," I said to Angela. "She doesn't seem that bad an enemy," said Angela, "come on, I'm starving," I said taking Angel to the cafeteria. "Where should we sit?" asked Angela. "Maybe over there with all those girls," said Angela. "That's Chloe's table and all of her evil friends, trust me, you never ever want to sit there," I said. "That's crazy! Come on Jackie, let's go sit down with them, I bet their bark is worse that their bite" said Angela. She walked up to Chloe's table. "Can We sit here?" asked Angela to Chloe. "Why should I let you sit at my table?" asked Chloe. "Because I asked?" said Angela sounding confused. "Well go sit somewhere else" snapped Chloe. "You have plenty fo room for two more people," said Angela. "I really don't see why we can't sit here" said Angela. Chloe didn't say anything, so Angela sat down at the edge of the table and I sat acroos from her, and we started eating. "What are you doing?" asked Chloe. "You didn't say anything so I took your silence as a yes" said Angela. "Humph" said Chloe turning back to her friends. "Do you have a death wish?" I hisssed at Angela. "Maybe" said Angela...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....