Friday, March 17, 2017

Tomboy Girl Chapter 3

When I went to school I saw Laurence and turned away from him before he saw me. I was scared he would tell everyone that I was the girl in the video. Laurence saw me anyway. "Hey Jazz," said Laurence walking up to me. "What do you want?" I demanded. "Nothing I just wanted to say hi," said Laurence. I spun on my heels and stormed away. I didn't say anything to Laurence for the rest of the school day. And he didn't try to talk to me. When I was walking home Laurence walked with me. When we got far enough away from school Laurence said "Why do you hide from everyone? Why are you so ashamed by that video?" "I hide from it because after it happened everyone teased me about it, the part on one knows is that everyone treated me differently. I was so sad that we were forced to move here and pray the video wouldn't follow us. But it eventually caught up. I can never face it head on, and if I ever saw Nick again I don't know what I would do, or what he would do" I said. "I think you should stop hiding from it or you'll never get rid of it. It'll haunt you forever" said Laurence. "I don't know," I said walking into my house.
    The next day when I went to school I saw a new boy. He looked familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it. "Hi I'm Nick," he said homeroom. I fell out of my seat. NICK!!!! I thought in panic. I felt like I was going to puke. What was Nick doing here! At lunch I watched Nick. "Hey Nick, Jazz is glaring at you," said a boy Nick was sitting next to him. Nick looked at me and our eyes met. I quickly looked away, but I couldn't stop from blushing. Nick walked over to me. "Hey, why were you glaring at me?" he asked. I made a fist with my hand and didn't say anything. "Hello? Do you talk?" asked Nick poking me like he used to. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IDIOT?" I shouted at Nick after he poked me and punched him in the face. Nick fell back. "What was that for?" asked Nick. "Never poke me again" I growled.
   After school, I sprinted away from school, and Laurence followed. "What is it with the new kid?" asked Laurence. "That new kid is Nick" I spat. "Oh," said Laurence. "He doesn't recognize me, which it good," I said. "I think I'm not going to hide anymore Laurence, you're right, I don't want to hide anymore," I said. "That's nice, but are you sure?" asked Laurence. "Yes," I  said. "My name wasn't Jazz before," I said. "It was Layla," I said. "You really did change everything then," said Laurence. "Yeah," I said. "If you want you can see what the old me looks like, I'll be at the park in two hours, if you want to see," I said smiling. "Thank you, Laurence," I said before I closed the door. "Hey Lil, Mom. I want to stop hiding. I'm going to stop hiding mom. I want to let you know" I said when I saw my mom and Lilith. "That's great Jazz," said my mom. "Mom, my name is Layla, it always has been," I said. I went to the bathroom where I cut my hair until it was like before. I put on my glasses and went up to my room where I got out my old clothes and put them on. When I went downstairs and my mom saw me she started crying. "Don't cry mom, everything's fine," I said hugging my mom. "I'm going to the park now," I said running out the door. When I got to the park Laurence was waiting. "Hi," he said. "Hi, It's nice to meet you, Laurence, I'm Layla," I said taking out my hand. "It's nice to finally meet you, Layla," said Laurence taking my hand. "Thank you so much for helping me stop hiding," I said smiling a true genuine smile. "You're very welcome," said Laurence.
   The next day I went to school not hiding. no one recognized me. I was walking next to Laurence. "Excuse me, are you new here?" asked a boy. I laughed a little. "No, I'm not," I said. I saw Laurence that second and we made eye contact. He stared at me open mouthed. "Layla?!" said Nick. "It's nice to see you again Nick," I said then punched him in the nose. "Their! Now I can rest in peace. You have no idea how long I have dreamed of punching you in the face" I said smiling sweetly. "Wait! Isn't that the girl from the video?!" said a kid behind me. "Jazz don't give him a hard time," said Laurence walking up to me. "I'm done anyway," I said walking away with Laurence. "JAZZ!?" Yelled a few dozen people surprised. "Yes?" I said turning around confused. "And my name is Layla, not Jazz," I said. I saw Nick in homeroom but didn't pay attention to him. "Jazz," said the teacher. I raised my hand. "It's actually Layla" I corrected, I had to do that for all my teachers. By lunch, everyone knew I was Jazz and was the girl from the video. I was eating while reading my manga I had gotten from the store, that was the romance manga of the year. Everyone couldn't believe I was reading it. Everyone was whispering about me and how I was the girl from the video. After school, I was walking to the old park with Lilith to play when I saw Nick waiting for me. "Hey," I said sitting swing. "What do you want to Nick?" I asked. "Make it quick, I want to spend some time with Lilith, and I can only hold her back for so long," I said. I prove my point I looked down at Lilith who I was holding with both arms because Lilith was trying to get to Nick. "Meanie!" Lilith kept saying to Nick over and over trying to break free from my grip. "I'm sorry about what I said that day. I was just shocked about you telling me about you know what" said Nick. "I honestly don't care anymore Nick, you broke my heart into a million pieces and didn't say anything until now. You are dead to me" I said. "Come on Lil, let's go find somewhere else to play," I said leading Lilith away, while Nick looked at me open mouthed. Nick didn't talk to me again for the next week. But one day Nick walked up to me. By then everyone had gotten used to the fact that I was from the video, said and knew if they said anything they would get a punch in the face. "Layla, I really need to talk to you," said Nick one day before school. "What is it?" I asked. "Layla, I'm so sorry about what happened. I didn't mean it, I was just so shocked" said Nick. "I already told you a week ago. You. Are. Dead. To. Me" I said and walked away not looking back.
   "Hey Layla, guess what day tomorrow is," said Laurence in the park while we were playing with Lilith. "I don't know," I said. "It's Valentine's day obviously," said Laurence. "I forgot," I said picking up Lilith. "Sissy is silly" giggled Lilith. "Oh yeah?" I said tickling until Lilith was on the back laughing. "Will you be my date to the dance?" asked Laurence. "I-I'd love to," I said smiling. "I'm glad to hear," said Laurence. "How about we keep it a secret until we go to the dance," said Laurence. "Sure thing," I said.
   The next day Nick came up to my locker, "Hey, Layla I was wondering if you would go to the dance with me" he said. I snorted "Sorry Nick, but I already have a date, I guess you'll need to find someone else, to be your date," I said slamming my locker and walking away. That night I was wearing a blue dress that was very nice and plain, just my style. I saw Laurence waiting outside for me. "Come on let's go," said Laurence holding out his arm, I took it. When we walked into the dance everyone looked at us, people knew we were going and each had a date and people were betting who we would go with. We had a great time at the dance and when we walked home Laurence said: "Hey, I saw Nick give you some trouble earlier, wanna tell me about it?" "Oh Nick thought I would want to go to the dance with him," I said rolling my eyes. "Around a week ago he told me that he actually liked me, and he didn't mean what he said. I told him that he had broken my heart and that he was dead to me," I said looking down at my feet. "Did you mean it when you said he was dead to you?" asked Laurence. "Yes, I meant it with all the pieces of my heart that are not shattered," I said. "To be honest after he rejected me, I hated him and swore if I ever saw him again and beat the crap out of him." "Wow, so you really do hate him all the way," said Laurence. "I just told you I hated him," I said confused. "'I'm glad," said Laurence and kissed me! I was stunned and pushed him away terrified. I ran and didn't stop until I got to my secret place in the woods. It felt like my heart was beating out of my chest. "Layla?" I heard Laurence call. I didn't say anything. I couldn't, and I didn't know why. I had no idea why I was so scared. Maybe it was because I just wasn't ready for what Laurence did. I had read about it hundreds of times and had dreamed about it, but I never expected it to happen. I was so ashamed, Laurence probably thought I hated him. I didn't think I could face him.
    I went to school the next day and saw to pictures on the front of the school newspaper. It was Laurence kissing me and me running away. I blushed so hard. When I went home I thought it would be a great idea to make a video to post on YouTube to tell everyone about what really happened before and after Nick rejected me.
   "Hi everyone, I'm Layla the girl from the video Ultimate love rejection of all time. And I want to tell you what really happened before and after that. I went to go to a different school, and I didn't have any friends, but plenty of people bullied me. I admit I sometimes thought about committing suicide and ending my life, ending the pain. But I didn't. One day a new boy came. His name was Nick. We became friends and about a month after I met him I fell in love with him. I was very shy and was terrified to tell him. One day I did tell him, and you know how that goes. I ran away with my heart broken. I told my dad and he told me to suck it up and get over him. My mom, on the other hand, tried to help me. That's when the fighting started. A little while later they split. It didn't help with how I felt about boys. I swore to never love a boy again. I changed everything about myself. My hair, my looks even my name. And I learned how to fight, I learned to be strong. And that still wasn't enough, we were forced to move. I thought it was good that people didn't know the real me. And one day the video come to my school. I had to insult myself, just to pretend to be someone I wasn't. And it only got worse. A boy called Laurence managed to find out that I was the girl from the video. I thought he would tell everyone, but he didn't he kept it a secret. One day he asked me on a date, I said yes only because everyone from my school was watching me. When we went to town I saw a bookstore where I got around twenty-five romance mangas. Up to that point, no one knew that I liked things like that. And Laurence didn't tell. I realized I was in love with him around a few days after that. And he told me he loved me. Then one day Nick came to my school. He didn't recognize me, he walked up to me and tried to talk to me. I punched him in the face, I had been suppressing all my anger about him. And I let it lose. I told Laurence, and he said I shouldn't hide, so I took his advice and stopped hiding. When Nick saw me he was stunned. And I walked right up to him and punched him again because I could. He didn't say anything to me for a while. And one day he told me he didn't mean what he said to me when I told him I liked him over a year ago. I told him he was dead to me. He didn't listen, he asked me to a school dance, I said no because Laurence had asked e and I had said yes. After the dance, Laurence did something very unexpected. He kissed me. I pushed him away scared. And I don't know why. I went everyone to know what really happened to me. And what I did. I'm Layla, and this is my story," I said and stopped recording. I uploaded it to YouTube. An hour later I went on my video and Saw it had about three million views. I knew I had done the right thing. I posted a comment saying "If you have had something similar to this happen to you, please tell me" And I posted it and walked away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....