Monday, March 27, 2017

Art of War Chapter 1

"Big brother! Are you going to see the emperor about being the commander of the Wu army?" I asked running up to my older brother Sun Tzu. "Yes I am little sister, and I have high hopes of getting the position," he said patting my head. "I bet!" I said smiling. "May I watch brother?" I asked walking with him. "I don't think so Sakura if the emperor sees you, you could get in big trouble, " sai, Sun Tzu. "Yes, big brother," I said bowing my head. I was going to watch, and on one would know I was there. "I wonder if women will ever be able to join the army," I said. "Sakura, that may not happen for a very long time," said my big brother laughing. "Humph," I said. "Little sister don't be mad it is the truth, now run along, I must talk to the emperor now," said my big brother. "Yes brother," I said walking away to the garden, but then turned around and waited about ten feet away until my brother and the emperor emerged. I walked behind them watching, but I couldn't hear anything. They saw a few palace women sitting under a tree talking. I was not interested until I heard the emperor say "If you can teach these women how to fight, then you have the position" "I can do that" said my brother. I knew I had to leave before I was spotted. I walked around the palace gardens and I saw a sakura tree I sat down and closed my eyes. I woke up a few hours later. "I should get home. Mama might be worried" I said getting up. "When I got to our house that was around a quarter mile away from the palace where the soldier lived, Papa was a soldier. "Sakura! You are a mess. Come her, we must clean you up. We are having dinner with the emperor, wear your best Kimono" said Mama. "Yes, Mama," I said walking inside. "Did big brother get the position?" I asked. "Of course he did, it's Sun Tzu we're talking about," said mama.
   At the palace, we waited for the food. No one said anything. I was determined to act like a proper girl in front of the emperor. When the food came I lifted up my hand to get my chopsticks, when my mama elbowed me and shook her head a tiny bit. I put my hand down. "It's all right let the child eat, she must be hungry," said the emperor smiling. "No, Sakura must learn how to behave in the presence of an emperor," said my mother looking at me. "I insist she should not starve," said the emperor smiling warmly at me. It surprised me, I thought emperors had to be stern. "Thank you," I said taking my chopsticks and eating a dumpling. When dinner was finished, I was so full it felt like I would burst. "That was wonderful," said Mama. "It was a pleasure meeting you all," said the emperor smiling. When we went home I said. "Big Brother, what do commanders do?" "I train people and lead fights and try to win," said, Sun Tzu. "I think you'll be the best ever!" I said




Hi, everyone! I'm trying something different in this story as you must have noticed, I'm trying historical fiction, in Ancient China during the Zhou Dynasty. I learn about an amazing general called Sun Tzu who lived then and he wrote a book called The Art of War so I thought that would be a fitting title for this story. Sorry If I get some of the facts wrong. Hope you like it!
-StaršŸŒ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....