Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Shadow Girl Chapter 1

"Hey look, Shadow is back," said one of my guild mates. I had just gotten back from a job and it had taken much shorter than everyone had expected. "It's nice to see you again Shadow," said the master. "I won't be staying long Master, I'll be going on another job immediately," I said heading over to the job board. "Shadow you should take a break, you went on a job with a reward of a million dollars, I imagine that you can wait for a few days before taking another job," he said smiling at me. "I did relax, and now I must take another job," I said looking at the board. Everyone watched me look at the job board. I saw a job that looked hard and left the guild. "Shadow! Wait, that job is for a team, not just one wizard" said the Master before I got out the door. "I'll be fine," I said lowering the hood of my cloak. "You are only thirteen Shadow, and I really recommend taking at least one person with you," said the Master. "I will be fine Master I appreciate your concern. I am an S class wizard after all," I said walking out. I walked to my house in the outskirts of town. When I got in I locked the door and took off my cloak. I looked down at my hair, it was a gray silver color and short. I looked in a cracked mirror I looked human but I wasn't, I was a shadow, of a girl. I smiled a little. "I should go on that job now," I said putting my cloak back on, I was almost invincible, one of my only weaknesses was sunlight. Much like vampires. When I got to the job I saw why it was a team job. "Crap! This might be a bit harder than the other jobs I've taken on so far" I said. I went to the place I was going to be told about the job. "Excuse me, I'm here for the job," I said knocking on the door. The door opened a crack. "I'm sorry you must be mistaken, I asked for a team of wizards, not a little girl," said the man. "I'm and S-class wizard sir, I'm as good as a team of wizards, maybe more," I said. "You lie, no child could be an S-class wizard," the man said. I sighed, "Then I'll be on my way," I said turning around and walking away. The man didn't say anything. I heard the door close. "I must say, I did want a good fight," I said not looking back. Just then something hit me over the head. "Got her! She'll give us a good price" said a voice. I felt hazy. "Get her in the carriage," said another voice. I couldn't think straight. "She's still not out," said a voice. "Then hit her again you dolt!" said the other voice and everything went black. When I woke up I was in a cell. "Crap! I need to get out of here" I said becoming a shadow. I went through the bars and took my human form. It was handy to control and become a shadow. I went up the stairs and saw a man. I saw shadows dancing from the torches, I used them to wrap the man in a cocoon of blackness when I got past him and couldn't see him anymore I let the shadows go back to normal. When I was out I turned into a shadow and left.
   When I got to the guild, I saw a fight had broken out. "EVERYONE CALM DOWN BEFORE I MAKE YOU!" I yelled when I got in, everyone froze. "Good, now why is there a fight?" I asked. "There was an argument about a job, that everyone wants to take and it broke into a fight," said someone. "Can I see the job?" I asked. Someone handed it to me, it was an easy job for a lot of money. I threw it in the fire. "Problem solved," I said and went to sit down. Everyone started at the burning piece of paper. "What the hell was that for?!" demanded someone. "If you can't decide on who should take the job, no one should get to take it," I said rolling my eyes. I went to get some food and when I came back everyone was looking at the door. Someone from the council was at the door. "What do I have this pleasure," said the Master. "We are because we heard of an S-class wizard called Shadow, we will need her to help us for a little bit," said the person at the door. "I am Shadow, what is it that you need my assistance for?" I asked getting up. "You must be kidding, I was told that Shadow was older, not a child," the person said. "You have no idea how much this happens, do you want my help or not?" I asked. "Yes we do, please come with me, I will explain," said the person. When we got into an SE Vehicle he told me that a young wizard had very strong magic and couldn't control them, they knew that once my magic was unstable, and want me to help him learn to control his magic. "Fine I'll do it," I said remembering what it was like for me when I first found out I had magic. "I'm glad to hear," said the councilmen. "When will I get to meet him? And if I am going to teach this boy how to use his magic, we will need to go on jobs" I said. "Of course you will, he is the way," said the councilmen. I followed the man until we got to a cage with a boy inside around the same age as me, and he had chains around his wrist. "Is this him? Why is he in chains, he is not a criminal, is he?" I said when I saw him. "These are chains made to block magic, he's magic is dangerous," the man said. "What is his magic, may I ask?" I said looking at the boy, he looked like he wasn't dangerous. "He can control light, and turns into light," the man said "interesting," I said, his magic was like mine except with light, not Shadows. "Here are the keys to the chains," said the man giving me a set of keys and leaving. "Finally he's gone," said a voice. "Hello," I said looking down at the boy. "Why are you here?" he asked, he sounded like he needed water. "I'm going to help you learn how to use your magic," I said. "Thanks," He said. "What is your name?" I asked. "Rollo," he said. "It's nice to meet you, Rollo, I'm Shadow," I said holding out my hand for him to shake. He took it and I felt burning from his skin, he was like a little sun. I winced a little bit. I unlocked his cuffs and said, "So what happened to have you come here?" I asked. "I got relly mad and my magic just released like a waterfall, I didn't know anything about it before". "I see," I said then flicked my wrist. A black band of shadows appeared on my wrist and his. Rollo winced. I undid it and saw his skin had blistered a bit. "Just as I thought," I said. "What do you mean?" he asked. I didn't say anything and made a dome of shadow around him I could see through. He collapsed and gritted his teeth. I undid it. "Interesting, just like me," I said. "It seems you have a lost magic that makes it so you can control light and turn into light," I said. "Can you show me?" I asked. "Sure, I guess," said Rollo. He made a small ball of light. "Throw it at me" I commanded. Rolo looked uncertain but he did as I said. I made a small panel of shadows and wrapped it around the ball of light. When I released the shadows the light was gone. We practiced making light balls for a bit. Rollo threw a ball of light at me when I wasn't looking and it hit my arm. I fell back and landed on the ground. "Sorry!" said Rollo. "It's fine," I said wrapping shadows around and waited minute and I undid it, and the wound was gone. "let's keep going", I said. Two hours later we went to have some dinner. "What kind of magic do you do Shadow?" asked Rollo. "Same as you, but with shadows," I said. "If you learn to control your magic then you could become an S-class wizard" I said and left to go get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....