Friday, March 10, 2017

Tomboy Girl Chapter 2

I told my mom I felt sick so I didn't have to go to school, I couldn't look at Laurence without blushing I was sure. When I went back to school and when I did everyone wanted to know why. "I wasn't feeling very good" I lied everytime someone asked me. "How come you weren't at school yesterday?" asked Laurence when he saw me at lunch. "I didn't feel good" I lied glaring at him. "You know no one believes you," he told me. "Shut up" I growled. "Why should I? You know you can't beat me in a fight" he said smirking. "I felt sick ok! And my mom was feeling sick yesterday, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't sick" I growled. "And it's no of your business, and I thought you agreed to leave me alone," I said. "I did but you didn't answer my question," he said smirking. I just glared at Laurence and turned around, I tried to calm down but I couldn't so I swung myself around and punched Laurence in the jaw with so much force he stumbled back. "What the hell!?" he demanded. "I told you to leave me alone and you didn't so, what am I supposed to do? Act like those stupid girls on tv who are totally nieve" I said. Just like how I used to be I thought pressing back the memory. "Well I must say I wasn't expecting you to say that," said Laurence, everyone was watching us. "Leave me alone, or I will do worse than punching your jaw," I said walking away.
    After school, I went to the gym and started punching the punching bag. I thought about my last school, I was totally different, my hair was about only down to my shoulders and I wore glasses, back then I was shy and was pushed around a lot, then I met Nick, he was so kind and knew what I was going through. And about a month after I met him I had fallen in love with him, I didn't tell him I kept it to myself. One day I got up the courage to tell him, and when I did it was at school and everyone was watching me tell Nick how I felt. He laughed and told me not to be stupid and walked away. I was heartbroken and that summer I changed I got strong and I swore that I would never love another boy again. Ever since then I saw boys as tell then bugs, I hated the lot of them, and around that time my dad left me my mom and my sister all on our own, I hated him for it and it only fueled my hatred. "Hey Jazz, you might want to move to another bag so I can patch this on up, you really went at it with all you got," said a coach. "Sure," I said panting. A few hours later I went home. "Sissy! look! Look!" said Lilith when I walked in, I saw Laurence. "What are you doing here?" I demanded. "I wanted to make sure your little sister was ok," he said. "Well she's fine, now get out!" I growled. "Mom! Me practically a stranger and you let him in the house!" I said looking at my mom. "I think he's very nice," she said. "Unbelievable, Get out Laurence. And leave me alone" I said grabbing him and dragging him out. "Never come back! And if I ever see you anywhere near here I will mess you up" I growled and slammed the door.
    That night I dreamt about Nick rejecting me. When I woke I was in tears. When I got to school I saw that there was a new issue of the school paper, I grabbed one and on the front page was me and Laurence, with me punching him. I was so mad. I read the article anyway. "Jazz and Laurence, the school most famous ship so far seems to be off to a rocky start..." That's all I read before throwing the newspaper in the trash. When I closed my locker after dumping my stuff I saw a few boys looking at me and walking up to me. "It looks like Jazz isn't so tough after all" one said. "Shut up!" I said punching him in the face. Wen I got home I went to my room thinking I would never get up. I went for a walk. "Hey," said Laurence. "I thought I told you to leave me alone multiple times," I said. "And I didn't listen," he said. "How long are you going to do this? Stak me?" I asked fed up. "I dunno," he said. I went home and called the cops. "Hello, I would like to report a stalker complaint," I said. When I was done I was satisfied. "Hey honey, how are you?" asked my mom walking into my room. "Fine why?" I asked. "You don't seem fine, tell me what is it?" she said. "You know Laurence? Well, I guess he likes me or something and he won't stop bugging me and everyone is basically stalking us because apparently, we're a huge ship at school. But I want Laurence to leave me alone and he won't, and I'm scared I might like him to. But I can't because of what happened with Nick," I said. "You need to stop pretending to be someone you're not," my mom said. "But if I don't I'll get another broken heart, and you know we had to move because of Nick, someone posted it on youtube and it went viral," I said. "I know sweetie but this is a second chance, and you can't waste it," said my mom. "Mom I swore, and it's too risky, I'm scared that I'll just get betrayed again and I can't let that happen. If everyone knew the real me, before we moved here then it would surely be just the same" I said. "I can never forgive Nick for what he did, or any other boy, all they cause is heartbreak, and dad only made it worse, you know that," I said. "He didn't mean it," said my mom. "Yes he did, we used to be so close, but when I told him he told me to suck it up and move on then you both got in a fight then he left," I said. "I just want to be left alone ok," I said sitting on my bed hugging my knees. "Ok sweetie," said my mom leaving. I went on my phone and searched: Ultimate love rejection of all time on YourTube and clicked on the first video. I saw myself acting nervous and telling Nick how I felt. I blushed when I saw myself tell him. Then he laughed and said that I was being ridiculous. You could even see my spirit being crushed when he said that. I fled with tears in my eyes and the video ended. I would be a goner if anyone from school saw this. I watched it again and again. I replayed all the good times with Nick I had had. But after I had told Nick how I felt I stopped talking in school I saw so humiliated.
   When I went to school I ignored Laurence and didn't say anything to him. At lunch I ate and didn't say anything, I just replayed the video in my mind of me and Nick. "Did you see the video I sent you? It was hilarious!" said a girl a few feet away. "OMG of course! It was so pathetic, that girl telling that boy she liked him, he was so right to say he didn't like her!" said the other. "I know! And she ran away in tears! I feel kind of sorry for her but ya know, whatever. It was so funny. I sent it to everyone!" said the first girl. No! It can't be true! I didn't think anyone here would ever see the video! My tough reputation is ruined! I thought in panic. Just then my phone buzzed. It was the video, someone had just texted it to me. I waited for a few minutes before replying it was super pathetic. I wanted to puke. "Hey don't you think she kind of looks like Jazz?" said the girl. "No the girl had black straight hair, Jazz has kind of curly dark blue hair and she doesn't have glasses, like the dork in the video. I got up abruptly and went to the restroom, where I felt like I would puke any second. When I got back I felt dizzy. "Hey Jazz have you seen the video with the girl telling the boy she liked him and he rejected her," said a girl walking up to me. "Yeah, it was so pathetic," I said laughing nervously. "Are you ok?" the girl asked. "I just feel a little dizzy," I said. That went on the whole day. When I was walking home Laurence came up to me. "I'm not in the mood for a fight right now so just leave me alone," I said. "I wanted to know if you knew about the video that everyone's talking about," Laurence said. "Of course I've seen it," I said just wanting to go home and lock myself in my room. "I was wondering if you knew anything about it, you acted like you had seen it already," said Laurence. "Why would I watch something like that?" I asked. "I don't know, you just acted like you had watched it," said Laurence. "Why exactly should I tell you anything?" I asked. "Because you looked sick all day," Laurence said. "Well, I'm fine so leave me alone," I said walking into my house slamming the door in Laurence's face. "Mom! Everyone knows about the video" I groaned when I walked in. "Oh dear, that's not good, but no one will know it's you," my mom said. "I guess," I said. I went to my room and took out my contacts and put on my glasses then went into the bathroom to redye my hair because the blue was fading a little. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw the me I hid from everyone. When My hair was dry I went out for a walk knowing that Laurence would be somewhere trying to ambush me with questions. "Hey," said Laurence just as I had predicted. "What?" I asked. "You ask me, you seem to show up a lot here so I'm guessing you wanted to talk to me," he said smirking. "No, I was just walking by, do you live here of something because you're always here," I said. "Did you know you look like the girl from the video? Like weirdly so" said Laurence looking at me. "No, I don't!" I said a bit too fast. "Some people just look alike you know," I said turning my face away from him so Larence didn't see me blush. "Fine, then. Don't tell me but I won't let it go" said Laurence. "I don't care" I snapped walking away thinking I would never take a walk down that way.
    A week later people were still talking about the video, but they weren't paying attention to "the hottest ship in school" which was good for me, in some ways. "Hey, Jazz want to grab some lunch tomorrow?" Laurence asked me one Friday. "Why should I?" I asked. "I dunno, I thought you would just want to grab a bite to eat," said Laurence. "Maybe, but don't get your hopes up" I growled walking away. "Mom, I need help, Laurence asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with him," I said when I got home. We had come close since dad had left. "I think you should go, you might never have this chance again," said my mom. "I guess," I said. The next day I went to the place we were supposed to meet. "Hey," said Laurence a minute later. "Hi," I said. "So we have a bit of time before we can go to lunch so you wanna look around town?" asked Laurence. "Sure," I said thinking that it wouldn't hurt. We walked by a few stores, then I saw a bookstore. "I've never seen this place before," I said looking at the sign. "Yeah, it just opened," said Laurence. "But I heard they only sold cheesy manga, and I bet you don't like that sort of stuff," said Laurence. I saw one manga that caught me eye. "The newest Fruit Basket!" I said looking at it. "I didn't know it was published yet!" I said walking in before Laurence could say anything I was whizzing through the store looking for Fruit Basket. When Laurence walked in a second later my arms were piled high with manga. "Who's that for?" he asked. "What do you mean?" I asked confused. "Who are you getting it for, I doubt you read that stuff," said Laurence. "I'm not getting it for anyone idiot! Now I'm going to go pay for this I'll be right back" I said going to the register. When I came back Laurence was opened mouthed staring at me. "What?" I snapped. "Are you feeling ok?" He asked. "I'm feeling fine," I said. "Why did you get all those mangas?" he asked. "I didn't know you liked any sort of book that didn't have blood and gore," said Laurence. "Umm," I said trying to think of an excuse. "Wait! is that the top romance manga of year?" said Laurence grabbing the book from the top of the pile in the bag. I blushed and took it back. "never ever tell anyone about this," I said putting it back in my bag. "I didn't think you liked romance stuff," said Laurence. "I guess I do," I said when I actually loved cheesy romance stuff. "You have like twenty-five of those things in there," said Laurence. "Wanna grab something to eat now?" asked Laurence" "Yes," I said. "So what else have you been hiding?" asked Laurence on they way to lunch. "Not telling," I said. "Fine," said Laurence. When we got our pizza Laurence asked: "So do you have any other type of book apart from romance?" I didn't say anything. When we were done I said "Thanks for the pizza, I need to go home now," I said. When I got home I went to the closet across from my room and put my books away, but started reading the top romance manga of the year.
    The next day everyone was talking about me and Laurence's "date" I wasn't a date, at least I don't think so I thought when people brought it up in front of me. After school, I went to the library where I opened my bag and brought out the manga I had been reading the night before. I went into a corner and started reading. "Look who it is, Jazz. I didn't know you like cheesy romances" said a boy walking up to me with his friends snickering. "Wait till we show the whole school this picture, you'll be ruined," he said waving his phone around. "Leave here alone," said a voice. Then the boys were knocked over. The boy let go of his phone and it fell in a bucket filled with water. "MY PHONE!" the boy roared. "Run," said Laurence grabbing my hand and started sprinting. "Why the hell were you following me?" I demanded. "Nevermind that! Just run" said Laurence. We soon reached the outskirts of town. I was panting hard. I looked up to look at Laurence and he looked blurry. I rubbed my eyes, and it stayed. "Crap, I think something happened to my contacts," I said. "I need to get home to put some more in," I said. I started walking to my house when I tripped over a tree root. "You want me to lead you?" offered Laurence. "Fine! But only because I can't see" I said. When we got to my house I went into the bathroom and looked for more contacts. "Crap! that was my last pair of contacts" I said. "Don't you have glasses?" said Laurence. "Yeah,where" I said. "Why don't you put them on then?" he asked. "I'll be back in a sec," I said running upstairs to get my glasses. When I came down I had them in the case. I put my glasses and turned to face Laurence. He stared at me. "What?" I asked. "Nothing! You just look nice. And kind of like the girl from the video but with longer hair" said Laurence. Then it dawned on him. "What did you move here?" he asked. "Last summer," I said. He went on his phone and looked at is for a second before putting it in his pocket and saying "You are the girl from the video!" I tried to punch Laurence in the face. He caught my fist before I could get him. "DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT THAT STUPID VIDEO!" I shouted at him feeling tear trying to break free. Laurence froze. "Get out, get out right now," I said pushing Laurence out and I ran to my room. "I'm not in love with Stupid, stupid Laurence. I can't be. I won't be" I said taking off my glasses and flopping on my bed. I started to cry. "Why is everything so hard!" I said to myself.      The next day When I went to school Laurence didn't talk to me. I didn't mind I had more contacts so I was fine with not being recognized from the video. After school, I saw a man waiting by the gate. "Hey kiddo, how are you doing," said my dad. "Dad! Why are you here?" I asked. "I wanted to see my daughter, and I bearly recognized you ya know," said my dad. "Can we talk when we're away from my school dad?" I asked. "Sure kid," said, my dad. "Why do you not want your friends to know about me?" asked my dad. "It's not that dad, I just don't want them to know about you know what," I said when we were the park. "Why? Don't people know?" asked my dad. "No, they don't Here everyone thinks I'm strong and that I'm not how I used to be. Why do you think you couldn't recognize me? Pewereteasing me so bad back home about Nick that I had to hide so I wasn't made fun of, but know the video is really popular here and Things are really complicated" I said. "Like what?" asked my dad. "You know how I swore to never love another boy after Nick, well I think I might be in love with this boy called Laurence," I said. "That's nice kid," said my dad. "No, it's not dad! Wat if the same thing happens with him that did with Nick, it was just like this" I said. "You need to forget about him," said my dad. "I've tried but it's kind of hard with everyone in school talking about it!" I said. "Go with your gut kid, it'll be fine," said my dad. "Dad that's what you said with Nick and it went horrible, we had to move because of it, " I said. "Can you just leave, please?" I asked. "Sure if you want, but here I got you a present," said my dad giving package. I opened it see none other than the Angel Beats poster I had wanted for months. "Thanks, dad!" I said smiling. "I wanted to see you smile at least once so I got you the poster, your mom told me that you were having a rough time," said my dad. "I should go now dad, but thanks so much!" I said giving him a mug and running to my house. I looked in the mirror and saw my hair was turning back to black. "I should dye it, but I'll do it later," I said. I went to my room to hang up my new poster. "When I went outside I saw Laurence. "Hey," I said sitting next to him. "Hey," he said looking at the road. "I'm guessing you told everyone I'm the girl in that stupid video," I said. "Nope," said Laurence. "Well, thanks, I guess," I said. "Hey Jazz, why did you change? Why did you come here, can you tell me?" asked Laurence. "I guess, I used to be really shy and I wasn't strong at all I hated even seeing conflict, and people bullied me becuase I was so shy and they said I was a nerd. One day I meet Nick and he knew how I felt and we bacme a friend, a month later I realized I was in love with him, I was terrified to tell him, but one day I got up the courage to tell him, in front of the whole school and he laughed at me calling me stupid and everyone laughed with him, I was humiliated, that day I swore to never love another boy, I told my dad and he told me to suck it up and get over Nick, but I couldn't. My mom and dad got in a fight about it and they split. I completely changed, I grew my hair out long, curled it and dyed every day, I started wearing contacts, and I got strong I locked up my heart as best I could. And we moved here, I made a name for myself making sure people wouldn't push me around anymore, but you were the only person who got to see the real me, not the fake me" I said. I felt tears trying to come. "And I was the one to guess you where the girl in the video, " said Laurence. "Yeah, I tried everything so people wouldn't recognize me but you did," I said. "Jazz, I know you're thinking something, what is it? you can tell me" said Laurence. "I can't," I said. "Yes you can, no one's here," said Laurence. He was right. "Laurence I think I love you" I muttered. "What?" he said. "I think I'm in love with you," I said a little louder. "Huh?" he said. "I think I'm in love with you," I said louder. "I think I love you too," said Laurence. Just then a tear rolled down my face. "What's wrong?" asked Laurence. "Nothing, that's the thing, nothing is wrong," I said smiling.





Hey, everyone! Sorry if it's a bit long. And I won't be able to post anything for a bit because my brain is really tired from so much writing, I was literally writing for about THREE HOURS STRAIGHT! So I hope you like it. If you don't, then I don't care because I spent a lot of time writing this. And I hope you like the new background thing of whatever. PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!!!!
-Star🌠

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....