Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Bullet Train Chapter 1

I walked into my alley and saw the Dead Boys gang. "I thought I told you, people, to keep out of my territory, it is clearly marked" I growled. "We didn't know, you do a lousy job marking your territory," said one of the boys. "You wanna fight?" I asked. I was in a fighting stance. "I think the odds of us winning are good, five to one," said the boy. I smirked. "I could take out your whole gang on my own" In said before charging and taking down each boy lightning fast. "Now get out" when I stood over them. They scattered. "Hey Bullet, did the Dead boy gang try to take some stuff," asked my friend Mike. "Yeah, but I handled them, obviously," I said. "Well your name is Bullet Train, they should learn not to mess with the Skull Hand Gang," said Mike. "Come on, let's go to the others," I said. We went in and abandoned building where everyone else in my gang was. I was the leader. "Come on everyone, we got food," I said tossing everyone some sliced bread. We all got the same amount. I heard cars coming to the entrance. I looked through a window without glass and saw several police cruisers. "It's the cops! everyone scatter and hide" I commanded. Everyone ran silently and hid. I did the same and hid above some pipes on the ceiling. "Come on, We know the kids are here, we have various reports," said one cop. There were about ten, about twice as usual. I stayed silent. I heard a faint sneeze and so did the cops. They walked towards the noise. I silently cursed. I heard a shout and someone trying to run. When the cops came back I saw a girl called Jess had been caught. She looked at me with pleading eyes, but my rule was if you were caught you were on your own. And I didn't make exceptions. I felt the pipes bend a little under me. I couldn't move because the cops were right under me so I had to hope that the pipes stayed long enough for them to go to a different room or leave. I felt the pipes bend a little more. And they didn't look like they would leave anytime soon. I felt the pipes bend more. I cursed my pot to hide. A cop looked up, at me then I fell. I screamed and landed on the floor and got the wind knocked out of me. "Well, well, well, looks like we got two, this really is our lucky day," said a cop. "Come on, boys we got two, and that's good enough," said the lead cop. two cops tried to grab me but I tried to shake them off, until the handcuffed me. I spat and the lead cop. "Oh you did it, girl, now you're in trouble," he said, "In fact, I know the perfect home for you." I was stuffed in the back of a car with the cuffs still on my wrists.
   I was in the police office in a room, while my "new" parents talked to a person who was filling out the forms. I caught a look at myself in a mirror My long dark blue was in strands in it's Hatsune Miku style but without the squared to hold them, My dark blue eyes with electric blue pupils glared back at me. I looked away. "Ok, kid tell us your name," said the social worker. "Bullet Train" I growled. "Age?" he asked. "Thirteen," I said. "Hight?" "Five ten I think," I said. "Ok, she's all yours," said the social worker to my new parents. "Come on dear," said my mom. We got in a car then my dad said: "So kid, why are you called Bullet Train?" "I'm fast," I said looking out the window. "Can you tell you about yourself?" asked my mom. I didn't say anything just looked at the skull tattoo on my right hand that has the initials S.H. "Not one to talk I see" he said, "Can you tell us what your name was before it was Bullet Train. "It was always Bullet Train," I said. "Dear that can't be right," said my mom. "It is, I hit my head or something about three years ago and lost my memory I was found by a gang and they called my Bullet Train for my speed, I don't remember anything before that," I said. "That must have been hard not remembering anything," said my mom. "I guess," I said. "Come on kid, we're getting on a plane now, we live in L.A," said My dad. I got out of the car and followed them and didn't tell anything until we got on the plane. We were in first class. "Can we call you B?" asked my mom. "I guess," I plugged in some headphones I had gotten and watched a movie. When we landed we got off and went to my new home. "B did you ever go to school?" asked my mom. "I know the basics, but not since I woke up," I said. I was homeschooled" I said. "Oh, well we are going to enroll you in a privet school," said my dad. "You'll go tomorrow to take a test to see what grade you should be put in," said my dad.
   The next day I went to school and took a test that I breezed through. "Done," I said after about twenty minutes. "You can't be done, yet have you checked it over?" asked the headmaster. "I did about three times," I said. I was put in eighth grade, a grade above everyone else my age. "Come on dear, time for school said, my mom. I was wearing my clothes I had been wearing when I was caught. "I'm ready," I said. I went to school and got really bored in my classes. I was looking out the window in math when the teacher called on me. "Can you show everyone how to do this problem?" asked the teacher knowing I wasn't paying attention. I went to the board and solved the problem with ease then explained it perfectly. "Thank you-" he said stopping because he didn't know my name. ""It's Bullet Train," I said. "Excuse me?" he said. "My name is Bullet Train," I said. I went back to my seat. At lunch, I got some food, but not much and sat down outside. "Hey, this is our table," said a girl. "So? Go sit somewhere else, I was here first, the way it works where I come from whoever get their first get it" I said. "We've always sat there," she said. "Why should I care? Go find a new spot," I said. "How dare you!" she said shoving me to the ground I hit my nose on the table on the fall down. "You messed with the wrong person" I growled using the back of my right hand to wipe way some blood from my face. "Oh really?" she asked taunting me. I smirked then lunged. hitting her in the chin, not hard. "MY FACE!" she cried. "Oh come on! I wasn't even trying!" I said disappointedly. "The Dead Boys were better at fighting than you," I said sitting down in disgust. "Who the hell are you?" the girl asked. "Someone you don't want to mess with, that's who," I said and started to eat. During gym, we had to do fitness tests. For one of them, we had to see how high we could jump. Their where two tall poles where we had to jump and a bar at the top showing the city record. I went first for the high jump. I took a running start and jumped. I twisted so my back was facing down and I went clear over the bar. I landed on the mat and got up. "You beat the city record," said the teacher. I shrugged. I was first in all the other tests. When I went in I saw the girl waiting for me. "I bet you did really bad on the tests," she said. "No actually I broke the city record in the high jump by about three feet," I said. She was speechless. I smirked then walked away.
    After school, I walked to the park and saw a really tall oak. I grabbed onto the first branch and started climbing. "Mike would love this" I muttered when I was about ten feet up. I kept climbing until I was about twenty feet up. I sat on a branch and wondered what the gang was doing. "Nerd!" came from down bellow. I looked down to see three boys cornering a boy and they had shoved him into a tree. He even looked like a nerd with his glasses, but he also looked like a boy even though he was my age. I jumped down landing on my feet in front of the boy. "Who you calling a nerd?" I asked. "What are you doing here girl? If you leave now we won't hurt you" growled the leader. "I think I can do more damage than you," I said and punched him in the jaw with about half my strength. "That stings," he said. "That was only half of my strength," I said punching him in the nose, I heard a crack. "Why you!" he growled. "You broke my nose!" he roared. He tried to punch me but I caught his fist mid-punch. He tried to punch his fist forward but I kept it still. I yawned. "Are you even trying?" I asked. then twisted his arm down. I let him go. They all ran off with their tail between their legs. I smirked. "Wow! That was amazing! how did you do that?" asked the boy. "Lots of practice fighting," I said. "You ok?" I asked picking up his books and giving them to him. "Thanks to you, they would have roughed me up pretty bad," he said. "I figured," I said. "Thanks," he said "anytime" I said smiling a little. "Weren't you the girl who beat the city record in the high jump today?" he asked. "Yep, it was a piece if cake, I've jumped way higher to hid from cops," I said. "Cops?" he asked. "Oh shoot, I'm not meant to mention my old life", I said. "Old life?" he asked. "I was just adopted I guess" I said kicking a rock. We were walking now. "Oh, that must be hard," he said. "Sure is, I had to leave about twenty kids younger and my age back home. I was stupid to think the pipes could hold my weight" I said. "I don't understand," he said. "You wouldn't," I said. "What's your name anyway?" I asked. "I'm Nick," he said. "I guess my name is B now," I said. "Now?" Nick asked. "My name is Bullet Train because I'm so fast," I said. "That's cool," he said. I put out my hand. "It's nice to meet you, Nick," I said. "You too Bullet Train," said Nick taking my hand we shook. "I should be getting home," I said looking at my watch. "What's on your hand?" asked Nick. I covered mt tattoo and said "Nothing!" I said. "Gotta go!" I said turning around and I ran. When I got home I went to my room and looked at my hand. I grabbed some black thin gloves that were fingerless and put them on. "Now no one will see," I said.   The next day when I walked to school I saw Nick. "Hey Bullet Train," he said when he saw me. "Can you call me B at school?" I asked. "My parents won't be happy if I told everyone my real name," I said. "Why?" asked Nick. I was silent. "Let's just say, there are things you shouldn't know about my past," I said. "Ok," said Nick. We didn't say anything else to each other until we got in school and had to go our separate ways. "Well, it looks like you like Nick the nerd," said the girl. "No, I just saved his butt yesterday in the park, and broke a kids nose in the proses," I said turning away. "I don't believe you," said the girl. "I don't care, it wouldn't be the first nose I've broke and it's far from the last," I said walking away.
    It's been about three days since I met Nick. When I walked in school I saw a sign that said "HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!" "What's valentines day?" I asked Nick. "You don't know what Valentine's day is?" he said surprised. "I never celebrate any kind of holiday so I have zero idea," I said. "Well we have a dance on Friday and everyone asked the person they like if they want to go," said Nick. "Sound pointless" I grumbled. "It's not pointless," said Nick. "Whatever I don't really care anyway, I was just asking," I said. Before and after every class a boy or boys asked me to the dance. I rejected every one of them. "Oh, you waiting for nerdy Nick to ask you to the dance?" asked Jenny. "No, I just don't care about this holiday, I didn't even know about it until this morning," I said. "Liar," Jenny said. "About what?" I asked. "Wating for Nick to ask you," said Jenny. "No, I have better things to do than go to the stupid dance," I said. I didn't know that Nick was standing a little way away and had heard every word. He looked at the flyer he had gotten for the dance and walked away. I was asked by more boys who I said no to. I rolled my eyes everytime a boy asked. I walked to the park where I thought I could be alone. I looked at my tattoo and shook my head. "I'll come back for you Mike" I whispered. "If only I hadn't been so stupid! I could have stayed with them, then I wouldn't have to be here. I could help them," I cursed. I heard someone walk up behind me, I covered my tattoo. "Hey B," said Nick. "Hey, Nick," I said. "I just want to be alone right now," I said. Nick sat down on the bench next to me anyway. "I said to leave me alone," I said. "Please, I need to be alone" I whispered. "Are you ok?" asked Nick. "No, I'm not, ok? I'm not. I don't want to be here, I left them all I was arrogant and stupid. And I can never, ever say sorry, to them, I left them to fend for themselves" I said. I was shaking. "What are you talking about?" asked Nick. "Nothing, I need to go," I said running as fast as I could. 'B are you ok?" asked my mom. "I'M FINE!" I yell and slam my door. I tried to slow my breathing.
   The next day I went to school and I avoided Nick. The stupid dance was in two days. Deep inside me, I wanted to go, but I knew I couldn't. "Hey, why do you always wear this gloves?" asked Jenny. "Leave me alone Jenny," I said. "I don't think so," said Jenny. She grabbed my arm and her friends grabbed my other. "Jenny reached for my right glove. "NO!" I yelled. "Don't touch it!" I cried. "Why not? It's not like you hide anything. Oh wait you do" said Jenny "If you touch it then you will be in a whole lot of trouble" I warned. Jenny pulled my glove off my hand and saw my tattoo. "A tattoo?" Jenny said. "That's your big dark secret? A fake tattoo?" said Jenny laughing. I closed my eyes and slowed my breathing. "It's not fake," I said. "It's very real," I said. "Liar," said Jenny shoving me to the ground. I closed my eyes again. I didn't open them I just got up off the floor and leaned on the wall. I covered my tattoo with my hand. I couldn't take it anymore. "Would you like it you were take away from everything you ever knew Jenny? Because it's not fun. It hurts, a lot. Would you liked to be taken to the other side of the country to live the opposite way you lived before?" I asked. "Because that's what I feel everyday," I said opening my eyes. electricity was sparking in them. "I was taken away from everything I ever knew, and put here," I said then I fell to the floor. Everything went black.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....