Friday, May 5, 2017

Fire Angel Chapter 3

Moneka is still having a hard time at school. I tried to talk to the teacher but she said they boy was a little angel. I was disgusted. "Hey, Phe? Can I come help you at work today?" asked Moneka. It was a Sunday and Moneka stayed at home when I went to work. "Sure, just don't use your vectors on anyone," I said. As we walked down the street I saw someone looking at me. I looked away from them and kept walking to the diner. When I walked in I said, "Hey, I was wondering if Maneka can help out, she wanted to come help me with work today," to my boss. "Sure she can help," he said patting Moneka's head. Moneka helped get people's food and got a few dollars in tips from them, they all said how cute she was. When my shift was over Moneka kept saying how much fun it was to help. "Maybe if you get good grades you can help me out more," I said. "That would be fun, but I don't like school, everyone calls me a freak because my hair is pink, and they don't let me play with them," she said, her lip quivering. "I know, but I can't homeschool, I have to work you know, otherwise I would home school you. I want you to be happy Moneka," I said. When we went in the house I saw painted on the side in red letters "FREAK'S HOUSE" I got really mad. Moneka looked about ready to burst into tears. I took out my camera and took a picture. "You go inside, I'll clean this up," I said to Moneka. She nodded and ran inside. I got a sponge and bucket and started cleaning off the paint. It was still drying so it wasn't too hard. Half way through I heard some kids who no doubly done the paint job laughing at me. I saw the sponge steam. I was getting too mad and couldn't keep the heat inside of me. I ran to the water and dove in and stayed under for a few minutes to cool down. When I surfaced to take a breath the water around me was boiling. I swam further out to sea and went under again. When the water stopped boiling I walked out and sighed. I had to get my fire under control. I picked out the sponge and started cleaning again. "You need help?" asked a voice. It was the boy from earlier. "I'm fine, go away," I said and kept working. "Why are you steaming?" he asked. I noticed my clothes were steaming and had salt caked on them. "Crap," I muttered. I usually cooled off in fresh water so I never had the salt problem. "I took a dunk in the water, I was mad and it helps cool me down," I said. "Now get out of here," I said. I walked over to another part of the wall to clean off the paint and tripped over the water bucket. I landed face first in the sand and soaked. I got up and wiped the sand off of me. "You ok?" asked the boy. "I thought I told you to leave, so LEAVE!" I said. "I'm good," he said and sat down on the sand. I sneezed. I furrowed my brow, I had never sneezed before. "I think you're sick," said the boy getting up and touching his fingertip to my forehead. He withdrew it less than a second later. "You're burning up really bad!" he said alarmed. "I'm fine," I growled. "You're very sick. You have to go to the hospital," he said. "I'm fine," I said again. "You are not fine," he said. "Leave me alone," I said. "I'm fine," I repeated. I walked into the house and slammed the door. "Is everything ok sis?" asked Moneka looking down from the attic. "Yes, just som CRAZY LUNATIC outside who thinks I'm sick when I'm perfectly fine," I said. "Oh, can I take care of him please?" asked Moneka. "No, you know you can't Moneka and if I find out you have been you know to people we will have to leave ASAP," I said. "I know, I was joking," said Moneka roling her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....