Monday, May 15, 2017

Bullet Train Chapter 9

Lucky I was allowed to take a few days off school to recover at home. I mostly show Sapphire around and help her get better. "You were from Italy?" I asked. "Yes," said Sapphire. "That's cool, how did you get shot? " I asked. "It's a long story, look," said Sapphire taking out my phone and searching a news article and showed it to me. "The missing prince? I saw it but what does it have to do with anything?" I asked. "It was one of my recent missions, I had to kill him because he was unknowingly helping terrorists. I pretended to go to his school, I threw a huge party when everyone left I killed him," said Sapphire. "Killed him?" I repeated. "Yes, don't tell anyone," said Sapphire. "That sounds exciting," I said. "It wasn't fun when I got hurt I had to have an operation, I killed people without blinking an eye," said Sapphire looking at the clouds in the sky. "Wow," was the only thing I could say. "I wonder what happened to the others. I wonder what happened to them. If they're alive," I said. "I think they are, alive, I took a fatal shot and I'm alive so they must be alive," said Sapphire. "Hey, do you feel any better since when I woke you up?" I asked. "Yes, my strength is back I think I'll be able to go to school tomorrow," she said. "That's good," I said. "I guess," said Sapphire. "Your parents are nice, what is it like to have parents?" asked Sapphire. "You know I was adopted Sapphire," I said. "I keep forgetting," said Sapphire. "Hey look it's Freak Girl," said a few boys walking up to us. "I think you mean freak boy," I said. "No I mean your friend with the eye patch, whatcha hiding?" asked the boy. "Nothing, she just has pink eye," I lied. "Lemme see," said the boy trying to take Sapphire eye patch off. She flipped on his back in one swift motion and glared at the boy. The other boys grabbed her as the leader took her patch off. "WOW! YOU ONLY HAVE ONE EYE!! BWHAHAHA!" he roared. The boys walked away laughing. "I want to kill them all," Sapphire growled. "Don't or we'll both be in trouble," I warned. "I know, but sometimes I want to strangle people," said Sapphire.
    The next day, Luke, Mike, Sapphire and I walked to school together. Everyone stared at Mike, Luke and me. "Why are they staring at you?" asked Sapphire. "Oh, I was in a coma for a year and when I came back mIke was really popular with the girls and they hated me because I basically boss Mike around and they hated it, then they thought we were dating. When I found out Luke was alive everyone thought I was cheating on Mike with Luke, I swear what people get into their heads," I said rolling my eyes. "That sounds complicated," said Sapphire. "The worst part was when Mike attached Luke before school in front of everyone," I said. "I said sorry!" Mike said sounding agitated. "I know, but still, you shouldn't attack people especially when they used to be your leader," I said. "It's fine, Bullet, I would have done the same," said Luke.
   During class, I heard Mike's fan club (it had gotten even bigger) talking about us. "Did you see B? I hate her so much! How come she is always with Mike, and that other boy Luke, it's so annoying," said a girl. "I know, B was in a coma for a week, and when she woke up she went crazy saying she knew a girl in the hospital and they're acting like old friends," said the other. "A boy and his friends grabbed the new girl and looked under her eye patch, she only has one eye apparently," said the first girl. "Omg! Really?" asked a girl. "That's what I heard, but I don't know if it was a lie or not," said the girl. I coughed, and they looked at me with fear in their eyes. "She has pink eye and doesn't want to spread it," I said to them. In the hall, I saw Luke walking to class. I walked it a bit faster until I was walking next to him and I slipped my hand into his pocket and I took his money for lunch without him noticing. I put it in my pocket and walked away. on one saw me do it. At lunch when I sat at our table Luke sat down next to me. "Give it back," he said. "Give what back?" I asked. "You took my money! Mike didn't do it so it was you," said Luke. "You could have dropped it," I suggested. "As the leader of the S.H.G I order you to give me my money back," said Luke. "I'm the leader, not you, you know the rules and I didn't take it," I said. "Give me my money," said Luke gritting teeth. "I don't have it," I said. "I know you do," said Luke. Then he grabbed me and pinned my hands to the table and twisted my wrist. I gasped in pain. "Give me my money," Luke said again. "Don't have it," I said. "I'll break your wrist if you don't give it to me," said Luke twisting my hand harder. "I don't have it," I said again tears in the corner of my eyes. Luke put his hand in my pocket and pulled out his money. "I knew it!" He said letting go of my hands. "Oh shut up, it was just a joke," I grumbled then I punched him in the eye. Luke toppled off the bench holding his eye. "An eye for an eye," I said. Everyone had been watching us in silence. "What happened this time?" asked Mike. "Bullet took my lunch money!" "Luke threatened to break my wrist," we said at the same time then burst out laughing. I fell over holding my stomach. And Luke pulled me up. Mike cracked a smile. "Just like old times," said Luke. "Yep, sorry for punching you in the eye and stealing your money," I said. "Same," said Luke. "Where Sapphire?" I said out loud. "I haven't seen her," said Mike. "Crap," I grumbled and ran out of the food court to look for Sapphire. I heard a yell and ran towards it. I saw Sapphire wrestling with a boy, he was holding her eye patch and she was trying to get it. "Sapphire, he's not worth it, come on. You'll be fine without the patch," I said grabbing Sapphire's arm. "I need it," Sapphire said fighting me. "It's fine," I said. I took Sapphire to the food court. She covered her eye with her hand so people wouldn't see. I saw the scar on the back of Sapphire's head from the bullet that blew out her brains. In the hospital to get it treated that half of her head was shaved so it was only a little bit of hair. Sapphire usually covered it with her hair so people didn't see it. But she was vulnerable now. We walked in the food court with everyone looking at her. "Hey! It's the one-eyed freak!" called someone. "Kill," Sapphire muttered. "Hey! Freak! Show us your eye," called a girl. "Yeah! Show us!" geared a few boys. "You don't have to Sapphire," I said. "Ok," said Sapphire we walked to our table. "Hey! look freak girl has a scar on the back of her head too! She is such a freak" called out someone. Sapphire turned around to glare at everyone, with her eye uncovered, everyone stared at her. She gave them all a stone cold glare. One girl covered her eyes. Everyone stared at the place Sapphire's eye used to be, now it was just a scar with stitches sewn to keep her eyelids together, they had put in something so that there wasn't an empty spot where her eye was meant to be. Sapphire turned around, after that she didn't hide her eye, she let people stare at it. People didn't look at her in the eye and they never said anything about it so that they could pretend that Sapphire had two eyes. "Hey Sap, are you ok?" I asked when we walked home a week later. "Fine," she said, she rarely talked more than a few words. "Ok," I said knowing she was lying, but I didn't say anything. We had all heard when people were saying about how Sapphire might have lost her eye, the best one was she ran into something with so much force it popped out. "You know you can tell me anything," I said. "I think I found Nicole, look," said Sapphire showing me a few news articles under the search "demon" "Deamon academy strikes again, two girls tortured accusing classmates of doing it all of it. Mark on their wrists proving that they were attacked by the Demon Academy. Everyone scared, no one is safe said the two girls." I read. I saw a picture of two girls looking terrified. I didn't know one but I recognized Nicole's eyes. "It's her all right, we need to contact her, maybe do something to get her attention," I said. I read the other articles about attacks and smiled. "She has got class, I must say it's impressive." I said. I looked for similarities between the attacks and noticed that they were on rich kids in private schools. "I have an idea how we can get Nicole's attention," I said and told Sapphire the plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....