Monday, May 8, 2017

Fire Angel Chapter 4

That night I stayed outside looking at the stars. I couldn't sleep. "hey," said someone behind me. I turned around and saw the guy who said I was sick. "Hey," I said because my mind went blank when I saw him. "Sorry, about earlier, I guess it was just in my head," he said sitting next to me. "I guess," I said shrugging. "It's a beautiful night," he said looking at the stars. "Yes, I haven't seen all the stars like this in I don't know how long," I said thinking about all the time I was trapped in the lab. "Really? Did you live in a city before you came here?" he asked. "Sure," I said. "What was it like? I've never lived anywhere except here," he said. "It was loud, a lot of people walked around with a purpose and the buildings were huge," I said. "Wow, it sounds so cool, so why did you leave?" he asked. "I wasn't good for me and Moneka, we had a hard time fitting in, so when I turned eighteen I took her here so we could finally be happy," I said telling half the truth. "It sounds hard, what do your parents think about it?" he asked. "They don't care, in fact, they signed papers to say I was Moneka's legal guardian," I said. "What about you?" I asked. "I'm nothing special," he said shrugging. "I'm Pheonix," I said. "Adam," he said. Just then a huge wave soaked us. When it receded we were soaked. "Crap," said Adam. "Here give me your sleeve," I said taking it, I cupped my hands over it and spread my warmth through him so he would dry. When I opened my eyes we were both dry. Adam stared at me. My eyes opened wide. "What did you just do?" he asked. "N-nothing!" I blurted. "You did something," he said staring at me in fear. "It's nothing! I did nothing!" I said. A circle of pure heat surrounded me so there was a circle three feet surrounding me of hard dry sand. "Who are you?" Asked Adam. I ran to the hut. "Moneka! Get up! We need to leave, and I need you to do something," I said to Moneka. I told her and we walked out with a backpack each with food and money. "Sorry, but you can't tell anyone," I said. I nodded at Moneka. Adam flew up in the air a few feet and clawed at his throat, Moneka was choking him. He went limp a minute later. We put his body in a dumpster and covered it trash. "Come on, it's time to go," I said as me and Moneka ran to the train station. We took the train all night getting as far away as we could. "That was close, Phe you lecture me about being careful and you are the careless one in the end," scolded Moneka. "I know, I couldn't help it, I don't know why," I said. "Well be careful and don't get upset so easily sis, you need to control your power, maybe we should go somewhere discreet and work on controlling our power so we can live with humans," said Moneka. "How are you only ten? Sometimes you seem like the adult here," I said ruffling her hair. "I know," she said with a smile. "Come we need to get off now," I said we were in a small town near a huge forest, it was perfect to train our powers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....