Sunday, May 7, 2017

Hidden Chapter 3

Everyone is talking about Harley's performance at the talent show. I think my dad thinks I'm Harley. "Hey! Lily!" said Pippy. I jumped. "What is it, Pippy?" I asked scared. "Why weren't you at school yesterday?" asked Pippy. "I was really sick, I couldn't even get out of bed" I lied. "Well you missed Harley perform unless you are Harley," said Pippy leaning down to look at me. "W-why would I be Harley, I could never in a million years walk on a stage without passing out from terror," I said. "I don't believe you," said Pippy. "Why would I ever be Harley, it makes no sense I hate people looking at me, I hate being the center of attention, I'm the exact opposite of Harley," I said. "I guess but I'm watching you, I will find out who Harley is no matter what," said Pippy. "Hey now that I think about it Lily could be Harley, she is the opposite of Harley that would make the perfect cover, and she was sick yesterday," said the students. "Excuse me," said someone tapping my shoulder. "Ep!" I said jumping. I turned around and saw a girl looking at me. "Can you tell where the main office is?" she asked. "Sure, follow me," I said walking to the main office. "What was everyone talking about back there?" she asked. "Nothing, the school's gone into a frenzy and everyone is a target, it's hard to not be targeted," I said. "What is it about?" she asked. "You know Harley? Well she gave a hint she goes to this school so people are trying to find her, with no luck, she planned everything carefully, it was meant to be hard. Whoever she is, she doesn't want to be found," I said. "How do you know so much? It sounds like you know her," she said. "I don't but it's what I would do, don't want to make it to easy," I said then I felt a little bit of fear in the pit of my stomach. I may have just said I was Harley! This was a disaster! "Here," I said opening the door to the main office. I hurried off hoping that I hadn't blown my cover. Everyone was looking for Harley and they had moved past me thankfully and where looking at other nonpopular girls. I knew not the get my hopes, up they would come to the conclusion that it was someone else and circle back to me if the new girl didn't say she thought I was Harley.
   On my way home I saw the new girl. I tried not to get caught by her but she walked up to me. "Hi thanks for taking me to the main office, I never got to say thanks," she said. "You're welcome," I said and tried to walk away. "Can I ask you something?" she asked jogging after me. "No," I said. "Are you Harley?" she asked anyway. "No, of course not, I hate people looking at me, I could never be Harley even if I tried," I said. "Then try," challenged the girl. "Huh?" I said confused. "Try to sing one of her songs, if you can't I'll know you're telling the truth. "I don't have too," I said and walked away. "I'll tell everyone in school you are her, they'll never leave you alone, just think about it," she said. "I can't sing," I lied, my palms were getting sweaty from all the lies. "Try," she said. "If I do, don't tell anyone," I said. "Ok," she said shrugging. She took out her phone. "Anytime now," she said waving a hand to tell me to start singing. "No recording it!" I said panic building up in my throat. "I just want to have it so I can remember it," said the girl. "Now, sing" she commanded. I tried to open my mouth but I couldn't, I was too scared. "I said sing!" said the girl. My breath turned Shaky. I couldn't do it, I couldn't open my mouth to sing. "I can't" I whispered. "I can't sing," I said. "Then I'll tell everyone you are Harley," said the girl. Just then someone shouted "Police! A girl is getting threatened, this way!" "Crap!" said the girl she ran down the street. A boy came out panting With a noticeable lack of police. "Are you ok? I heard the new girl trying to make you sing or something," he said walking up to me. I nodded. "What happened anyway?" he asked. "She thought I was Harley and tried to make me sing or she would tell everyone I was Harley if I didn't sing, and I couldn't. She wanted to record it, show everyone at school I'm guessing," I said and started walking home. "I bet she's a crazed fan. Well, I'm glad nothing bad happened," he said walking next to me. "Thanks, I need to get home," I said walking a little faster. "Wait," he said grabbing my hand. "Are you Harley?" He asked. I tried to pull away, I couldn't lie again or I would break. I tugged but his grip was firm, I was stuck. I tried to get out again. "Well?" he asked. I shook my head and managed to break free of his grasp. When I got home I went to my room and stuck my face in my pillow and tried to calm down. It was Wednesday, time to make a video. I put on a mask and started recording. "Hi, everyone! It's Harley and I've seen people taking big measures to try and find me, and I must say that it's rather barbaric of you all, we are civilized people, not cavemen. I heard one girl try to force a girl to sing and I was shocked someone would go to such drastic measures. And I'm sad people are so determined to find me that they are forcing people to do things against their will," I said. "Bye, everyone! Keep up the search, remember I'm never where you'll expect me to be, so keep up the search, but do it like a civilized person, not a caveman," I said giving one last smile and I stopped recording. That should do it. "Lily!" called my dad. I went downstairs. "Hi, dad, what's the yelling about?" I asked. "I know you're hiding something so tell me and I promise it will not leave this room," said my dad. "Fine! But you can't tell anyone on anything," I took a deep breath "I'm Harley," I blurted wanting to get it over with. "Is that why you snuck out so you could go to the talent show at school? Lily you know youo can tell me anything, so why didn't you say anything?" asked my dad putting his hand on my sholder. "I don't know, it felt like you wouldn't understand, I wanted this to be something that was just for me, on one else," I said. "Well I suport you no matter what," said my dad. "Thanks dad," I said hugging him. "Now go do your homework, I may have a midia star for a daughter but that doesn't mean you can skip doing your homework," he said. "Ok dad," I said going to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....