Sunday, January 29, 2017

Curse Giver Chapter 1

"I'm Aria," I said to my new class. I was so scared. I hated standing up in front of everyone. I played with a lock of light blue hair. My hair was so long that I went down to my knees and was all choppy. I went to my seat in the back of the class. There was one kid next to me called Lucus. He was much bigger than me and always had a mean look on his face. At lunch, I sat on my own trying to stay away from everyone else. I ate in silence watching everyone. "Hey, can I sit here?" asked a girl. I looked up at her before looking back down. "No," I said. I wanted her to sit next to me, but I couldn't let her. "Why?" she asked. "I didn't like people" I lied. "Oh I understand," she said walking away. "Hey freak," said Lucus when I was on the bus. "Don't have any friends?" he taunted. I  closed my eyes and tried to calm myself. "No," I said. Not looking up. "Look at me freak" Lukas commanded. "No," I said covering my eyes. "Lucus tried to make me but I kept my eyes tightly shut. At my stop, I ran off the bus and to my house. I ran to my room and locked my door. "I curse Lucus for trying to make me look at him, make his sight slowly die" I muttered looking at my yellow-golden eyes. "I hate my power," I said. I knew I couldn't help use it. I once tried to not use it. Terrible things happened. My eyes were going to stay noting not blindness, or darkness could stop them.
   The next day I saw Lucus was having trouble seeing the board. I watched his sight slowly disappear. I regretted all the people I had cursed, they haunted my nightmares. I never looked at anyone. If I did I would turn their eyes yellow too. I kept my eyes covered from everyone. Someone even made a game of seeing if they could look at my eyes. People put money in a jar and whoever did ti first won the pot. I didn't fall for any of it. "I curse you to never see me again" I murmured to a few of the people who tried to see my eyes. I went home every day and cried. Lucas was almost blind thanks to me, only half the student body know I exist and I had no idea how to undo my curses, or if they could be undone. When I went to school every day I was faced with grief. I knew it wouldn't last long before no one knew I was alive. One day I couldn't take the pain of going to school. I knew I had to. I walked to school even though I could have taken the bus. When I got to school I couldn't look up. I was filled with sorrow. "Aria," said a person who saw me walk to school. "Want a ride? You'll catch a cold" they sad "No thanks, I don't care about a small cold. It would help dull the pain" I said. I was numb by the time I got to school. Not from cold from pain. I almost broke into tears a few times when I saw the people I had cursed. At the end of school, I went on the bus. I curled up into a ball and thought of all the people I had cursed. A single tear escaped my eye and rolled down my cheek. I shut my eyes as tight as I could. Tears streamed down my face silently. I felt all the pain come out in huge waves. At my stop, I sprinted off the bus to my room and slammed the door. I opened my eyes and looked in my mirror. Looking at the monster I had become. "I'm  scared, someone help me. Please, help the monster I've become" I whisper. "Aria!" came a knco on my front door. "Aria!" they called again. I went to the door and opened it not looking. "You okay?" they asked. "Who are you?" I asked. "If you look at me I'll tell you," they said. I slammed the door in their faces. "GO! PLEASE GO! DON'T COME BACK EVER IF YOU DO YOU'LL HAVE AHORIBLE FATE!"I cried. "Please go, I can't take any more pain," I said crying like a baby. "I'm not leaving," he said. "You have to," I said leaning against the door so they couldn't come in. "I want to help," they said. "Help what?" I asked. "I want to help you, I know that you can curse people," they said. "I curse you to forget my existence," I said. "Sorry, but I can't let anyone have the same fate as me," I said. They were knocked out. I took them and caried them to the end of the rod away from my house. "Sorry" I said once more before fleeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....