Thursday, February 2, 2017

Cat Thief Chapter 15

My new tablet was released a week ago and I made it official the humans and Meif'wa are equal and people have to serve both. That was my deal with my dad to make a new improved version of my tablet. Mine is, of course, better and completely implacable since there are zero blueprints or anything showing its design. "Hey Jenny, how are you?" asked Jack he had been popping up more often since I had been making the tablet. "I'm good, I was going to grab some lunch downtown," I said planning to go to the old restaurant I used to work at. "Can I come with you?" asked Jack. "Sure," I said. "Where is it?" he asked. "It's downtown and I used to work there, it was kind of my cover story so that I was less noticeable, unemployed people are suspected of stealing more than people with a job because they make a living, even if it is small," I said. "You thought of everything so you wouldn't get caught," said Jack trying to catch up to me. "That was the plan, my dad doesn't even know about me stealing so don't tell him," I said looking at Jack. "Sure thing," said Jack. "I'll tell you something really important and you can't tell anyone ever," youI said as we neared the gates. "What?" asked Jack. "Swear your life before I tell you, I need to make sure you won't tell anyone," I said. "Fine I swear not to tell anyone," Jack said sounding annoyed. "You know the robbery at the Langs a little while ago? It was me" I said. "WHAT!" shouted Jack. I covered his mouth. "Shut up or the guards will come" I hissed. "Ok," he said. "Can you tell me how you did it?" he asked. "Fine, I pretended to drop a piece of paper and when I did I pretend to stretch and put a pebble on the window sill where it closed and I came back at night and opened it and took some stuff, it was child's play," I said. "now lets stop talking about this stuff" I said. "Sure," Jack said. When we got to the restaurant I walked in and saw my old boss. "Hey, princess. I didn't think you would bother to show up because now you're the princess. "Of course I'd come, boss, The food isn't half bad here and it brings back good memories from before I was royalty," I said. "How many?" he asked. "Two," I said, He grabbed to who hand written menus that were beaten up. I ordered some soup and Jack ordered the same thing. "So how long did you work here?" Jack asked. "I started hanging around here a little while after the orphanage burnt down, I begged here by the back for the food," I said. "It reminds me how different my life is than it was back then," I said. "The boss would give me leftover scraps of food and I would clean the place after hours for him in return. I was managed to survive and I learned to beg to people outside where the rich people lived and they would give me a few coins and some money if they were feeling nice" I said, I gave a bit of it to the boss and kept some for me" I said. "Wow, how often did you get things from begging?" Jack asked. "I usually got some money every few days and I got some food about every other day. I sometimes got a whole apple and was so hungry I would eat the whole thing and get in trouble for being greedy and have to work harder than usual to make up for it" I said. "That must have been hard there," said Jack. "It there were many nights I only had a few scraps and I could count my ribs," I said. When our food came I ate it fast trying to savor the taste but I was hungry. Jack wasn't so keen to eat it, he looked like he didn't like it. "Don't you like it?" I asked. "It's nice but I prefer things from the palace," said Jack taking a small sip of it. "Live bit, you need to learn about what everyone here goes through, lighten up a bit," I said elbowing him. "But I don't like it," he said. "Then follow me I'll show you where I used to live," dragging Jack out the door but I left a few bills that the boss could get some apples and make a special. Apples were rare in these parts. "Hey!" Jack protested. "Come on, you want to know about my life before I was a princess? This is your chance" I said not loosening my grip on his arm. When we got to my apartment I opened the loose floorboards and took out my few possessions that I ad kept here for safe keeping. It was a neckless that I had gotten from my mom and the ring I had taken plus some emergency cash. "Where did you get that neckless?" asked Jack. "My mom gave it to me, at least that's what I was told in the orphanage," I said. "Let's go there nothing more here," I said turning around. "S-sure," Jack said following me. "Come on I want to take you to a great bakery that makes amazing donuts," said Jack. We walked Jack was leading me. When we got there it said: HUMANS ONLY! "Oh, I forgot Meif'wa's wasn't welcome," said Jack. "Well, we are now, thanks to the new law" with I growled marching in the bakery. When I walked in with Jack close behind me everyone's heads turned to look at me. "Hey! get out of here filthy cat!" growled the owner. "No, " I said glaring at him. "Can you read? Wel, let me tell you what the sign says! HUMANS ONLY! YOU ARE NOT A HUMAN SO YOU CAN'T BE IN HERE!" He yelled. "Not according to the new law you need to serve everyone who comes in" I growled. "Oh yeah? Who's gonna stop me?" he asked. "Me," I said getting into a fighting position. "Um, sir, that-" "SHUT UP!" shouted the owner to a customer. I jumped on him and flipped him to the ground and made short work of him. "I'm disappointed, I thought you would be harder to fight. "Jack, can you get some guards? Tell them that the princess needs them" I said holding the owner down the whole time with his arms behind his back. "Move an inch and I'll break your arm" I growled. "You wouldn't, you're not the princess," said the owner. "Really?" I asked. "Of course, a meif'wa could never be royalty" he growled. "I will break your arm, and you'll be far from the first I've left with a broken bone after a fight with me," I said. "Princess what is it?" asked a few guards. "This man has broken the newest law by not letting Meif'wa's eat here and he threatened me and said I wasn't the princess," I said "you are under arrest by order of the princess" one of the guards. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I'M INNOCENT!" Cried the man. "No your not and that sign proves it," I said pointing to the sign. "Come on Jack it's clear that we won't be getting any donuts here let's go somewhere else, somewhere with better service," I said. "Sure," said Jack. "You need to learn to not loose your head so easily," said Jack as we walked. "What do you mean? I'm fine" I said. "calm down" Jack. "So what if I do get angry? I just want to make this place the best it can be" I said. "I know but other people think we're fine and that we don' need change," said Jack. "I see," I said. Jack grabbed my hand and said "Let's go get some donuts I really feel like having something to eat" as he ran ahead not letting go of my hand and I stumbled along after him trying to keep up. I was blushing a bit from Jack grabbing my hand but he didn't notice, I thought I heard a camra snap but I figured I was just being paraoid.
   Later that day I was looking at the news on my tablet and saw a picture of me and Jack holding hands running and me blushing. The title said: Young Love? I was so mad. I shut off my tablet and flopped on the bed and looked up at the ceiling for a bit. "Hey Jenny, I thought you would want to see this said Jack holding up his tablet with the article. "Saw it, and I'm really mad," I said not looking at him. "Oh, I thought so, but I wanted to make sure," said Jack. He closed the door and left. I had one thing on my mind: Was I in love with Jack???

Note: Sorry of the chapters a bit long! Sorry about the sappy stuff. Hope you like! PLEASE COMMENT BELOW IF YOU WANT MORE OR OTHER STORIES BACK!!!!
-Star🌠

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....