Friday, February 17, 2017

Talking to the Dead Chapter 2

"Grace can you show me the dance?" my Granma asked. "Sure," I said and started dancing. I started going faster and faster so absorbed in my thoughts while I was dancing. "Well this is something special, Grace opens your eyes," said My grandma. I did and I saw my hands, but they weren't pale they were a healthy light pink-ish color. "What happened?" I asked. "You are so powerful that when you did the dance it transformed you to look like the spirit princess," said mt grandma. I ran to a mirror and saw that I looked beautiful. My hair was more of a white silver color and it wasn't ragged it was long but not all long as it had been, part of it from the front was tied back in a bow at the back. My eyes were an amazing blue that was a gray-blue. I gasped. I couldn't remember how to talk. "I wish your parents could see how you are now, I bet they would be happy that you are so pretty," said Granma. "No, but I think Rob and  Vikky will say that it's good to not be related to a freak," I said. "Come now dear school is tomorrow. You should go to sleep you'll want plenty of rest" said Granma. "And you'll be meeting James, you two have the same classes," said Grandma. "Ok, I do feel rather tired," I said.
  When I woke up I was excited to see that I hadn't dreamt the whole thing. When I got dressed in a white dress I went downstairs. "Morning Grandma," I said. "Good morning darling. James is here" Grandma said. "Hi," I said when I saw James. "Hi," he said. We walked to school in silence. When we got to class I introduce myself. "Hi, I;m Grace and I moved here from Florida," I said. I was scared thinking that people would call me things like a freak, but they didn't. I laughed with some girls and had a good time. It was still pretty awkward with James. I almost forgot about my old life until I got a text. "Hey freak, it's Vikky and Rob, just wanted to say that we DON'T miss you and that we hope you have a good time. NOT!" And it was in the middle of class. I was mortified. I texted back "Thanks! I'm having so much fun here and I've made a few great friends, and Grandma is so sweet! I can't wait to see you guys during the break!" I felt smug. "FREAK!!!" they texted to me. "Whatever, you two are freaks for calling me a freak" I texted back. The I took a quick picture of myself waving and sent it to them. "..." they replied. "I really have gotten a lot of sun here and everyone is so nice. Tell YOUR PARENTS I said hi" I texted them before blocking their number. "Hey Grace who were you texting?" asked my friend. "Just a someone I knew from Florida. They were jerks" I said. I didn't want to tell anyone about Rob and Vikky. I was ashamed to be related to them. "Oh, How come you keep talking about everyone being mean to you? You're so nice" said Allie. "Unfortunately people thought I was ugly and they judged me based on that without saying much to me other than calling me a freak," I said. "But that doesn't matter now that's behind me," I said. "Yeah, I guess," said Allie sounding kind of disappointed about my exclamation. On the way home I didn't say anything to James and he didn't say anything to me. When I got home I went to my room and did my homework then I messed around on my phone for a bit. "Hi Grandma, I was going to go outside and do the dance," I said. "Ok be careful you can not be in the spirit world for long or you might get stuck in there forever" warned Grandma. "I won't do it for long," I said. I went outside and started dancing. I closed my eyes fell to the ground, I didn't get up. When I opened my eyes I saw my body on the ground. It had just started to rain. I got up and noticed that my body was on the ground still. I was a spirit. "Wow" I whispered afraid to talk any louder. I walked around for a second. It was raining hard. I knew I couldn't stay for long so I wanted to see if I could meet any spirits. "Grace?" called someone. I looked around and saw James. I didn't know why he was outside until I heard the thunder. "Someone is coming, Grace if you can hear me then come out of the spirit world, you're in a lot of trouble," said James. I started dancing and I woke up in my own body. I sat up sudenly. "You need to come inside now," said James. "What's coming?" I asked. "Thunder spirits, they senced you enter the spirit world and they want to hurt you. You must get inside now. I'll make a barrier around the house so we don't get hurt" said James. "Ok," I said shaken. I didn't know about the risk of entering and exiting the spirit world. I ran inside, I was soaked and just started to feel the cold. I ran upstairs and got a towel. James burst in a second later. "Ma'am Grace needs to get something to protect herself, She could run into trouble and I won't be there to protect her, like in the spirit world. She should have something like a hidden dagger with her at all times" said James. "I agree, I have just the thing," said Grandma opening a secret room and going in. She came out holding a dagger in a sheith with a white belt to put around my waist. "How will I hide that?" I asked. "It's quite easy, all you need to do is press this button on the side and it was camouflage," said Grandma. "Ok," I said taking. I unsheathed it and saw a blade that was almost glowing white. I gasped at its beauty. I pressed the button. "Ok great, now you have something to protect yourself, now we just need to wait out the storm" said James.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....