Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Talking to the Dead Chapter 1

My name is Grace. I live in Florida all my life but I am as pale as a ghost. Everyone calls me a freak even my older brother and sister. They are booth really tan and popular, the exact opposite of me. I have long white hair and I wear white all the time. My hair falls around my eyes so people can't see them. Even if they could they would just see extremely light blue eyes. I can see through my hair fine. My sister has told me many times it looks ragged and lame. I stand out like a white dot on a black piece of paper. People try to avoid me like I have the plague. I constantly wish I could live with my grandmother in Seattle where it rains. I remember when I was little Grandma taught me a special dance, she told me that I was the only one she had ever taught it to and someday I would teach it to someone. My brother and sister never went to Grandmas because they didn't like it. I loved it and begged my parents to let me live with her. They always said no, I don't know why. I miss Grandma and always wish to see her. I do our dance in my room. I am so good at it, it is like I fly across the floor when I do it. My sister calls it lame. But I do it anyway. It's the only time I feel like I'm not a freak.
   "Happy birthday me," I said on my fifteenth birthday when I woke up. My family had forgotten again. They did every year since I was twelve. "GRACE! YOU GOT A PACKAGE!" Yelled my brother Rob. "Coming!" I called. When I got down I saw that it was from Grandma, she never forgot. I picked it up and ran to my room. When I opened it I saw there was a letter.
Dear Grace
Happy birthday my darling girl. You are so beautiful now and I wanted to give you something you have wanted for a very long time. I contacted the Child Welfare Agency and told them that you have had a hard situation at home and that you are basically ignored by your family. I said that I would like to take custoday of you so you can move here to Seattle with me. I know how hard it is for you at school and I wish for nothing but your happiness. Please use this phone to tell me if you would like to come live with me and if your parents say yes. If so I will be in Florida in a week to get you.
Love Grandma
I looked in the package and saw a phone, it was a smartphone. I saw my grandma's number had been put in it. Grandma! I would love to live with you! thank you so much!" I texted. I'll ask mom and dad now" I sent before running downstairs. "Mom, Dad," I said when I was, "Grandma said that she wants me to live with her in Seattle. All you need to do is say yes and I'll be gone in a week" I said. "What did you say Grace?" said my mom. "I said that Grandma wants me to live with her. All you need to do is say yes and in a week fill out the forms and I'll be gone" I repeated. "Sure kid, " sai, my dad. "Oh, and it's my birthday," I said. "You forgot again," I said. "We don't care Grace!" said my sister Vikky. "I'm going to pack my stuff," I said. When I got upstairs I started crying, I was happy to finally be going to live with Grandma, and I was sad that my parents and siblings didn't care about my birthday. I packed all my clothes in my case, it didn't take long. I got all my most valuable things, which were mostly from Grandma. Grandma was not wrong when she said I was ignored by my family.
  One week later I was jumping out of my skin. My grandma was at the table with a few people from the agency my parents were sitting across from the signing some documents to let my Grandma take care of me. "That's all, thank you," said the woman. "Grace darling, it's time to go home," said Granma. "I can't wait," I said. "By the way do you remember the dance I taught you?" asked my grandma in the car. "Yes, I do it almost every day," I said. 'That's wonderful dear. I need to tell you something important. The dance has a purpose, you see it is rare to have a spirit talker but we are direct descendants from the first one. I am one and so are you. On every Spirit Talkers fifteenth birthday, they gain the skill to be able to see and talk to ghosts. You activate that power by dancing. I want to teach you, you are the most powerful one in generations. I knew it from when I first saw you. You have an amazing rare power even for spirit talkers. You are able to enter the spirit world. Without proper training your power could hurt people" said my Grandma. "I know this must be a shock but it is all true" she said. "I'm shocked but this must be the reson why I never fit in," I said. "Grace there is also one more thing you should know. Legend says that the Spirit Talker who can enter the spirit world is the lost princess of the spirits. And it is you. This means that you will be in constant danger" she said. "That doesn't sound good," I said. "It's not. I know a family in Seattle who practices magic. They have a boy your age who said that he will protect you" said, my Grandma. "You must always be together, your magic aura is strong and it will attract much trouble." "I understand" I said. Apparentlymy life was going to get a lot more intresting and a lot more dandrouse...

1 comment:

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....