Monday, February 6, 2017

Cat Thief Chapter 16

I stayed in my room for the next three days not seeing anyone. I spent my time meditating and trying not to then about the article. On the third day, I snapped and went down to my workshop and started building whatever came to mind, it was totally random until I realized that in the depths of it I could see Jacks face. I tossed it aside in anger. The article was getting to my head. I gathered all the breakable things that one on would miss like a few plates and glasses. I started smashing it against the wall of my workshop one by one and any big pieces that had survived I threw again until there were nothing but shards, then I had an idea. I took all the pieces and melted them then made them into some extremely hard ball thing. Then started trying to break it with a hammer. I found this kind of soothing. When I turned around and saw Jack. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Just wanted to see if you had come out of your room and heard a few loud crashes," said Jack. "Just blowing off some steam," I said. "I figured that out," said Jack. "Why are you just standing there?" I asked. "If you want to come in you can you know, no one's stopping you," I said. "Ok," said Jack stepping in the mess of my workshop. I went to the mini fridge and pulled out two Cokes and handed one to Jack. He took it and sat down. "Thanks," he said. "I was wondering if you would want to have another picknick in the garden" he casually. I took a  big gulp of Coke to delay what I would say. "Sure, I don't have anything I have to do" I mumbled. "Cool," he said smiling, how about we do it in an hour so we can get some food ready," Jack said. "Sure," I said.
    I waited in the garden for Jack with some food. I tried to hold back on blushing and failing horribly. I sat down on the blanket and waited. I looked up a few seconds later to see Jack running to me. "Sorry I'm late, my dad just had to teach me a new fighting move and wouldn't let me leave," said Jack rolling his eyes. "I can imagine," I said falling back into me and Jacks old routine. We talked for a bit about some stuff happening in the palace. "Men! I totally forgot that the ball the King is throwing is in three days!" said Jack. "I can't believe I forgot! It's the biggest social event of the year" said Jack. "I forgot about that too," I said. "Sam is actually the one who is getting the palace ready for the ball," I said. "How is Sam anyway?" asked Jack. "Oh she's fine she really likes doing work in the palace," I said. "You talk about her like she's human? Why is that?" asked Jack. "I programmed her to be almost human, the only difference is she doesn't have blood," I said. "Hey Jenny I was wondering if you would want to come to the ball with me," said Jack. I felt my face turn red. u-um" I stuttered. I couldn't think straight. I could feel my face getting redder by the second. "Um," I stuttered. I was sure my face was bright red at that point. "It's okay if you don't want to," said Jack. "I-I'll go" I blurted. "Cool," Jack said smiling. My face was still hot so I ran back to the palace in embarrassment. When I got to my room I flopped on my bed. I fell asleep and when I woke up I watched the news. The first story was about how I was asked to go to the ball by Jack!!!  I watched in horror and spat out the water I was drinking. THEY EVEN HAD A VIDEO OF JACK ASKING ME!!!!!! I turned off the TV and covered my face. Great! Now the whole kingdom knew about it!
    The next day my dad called me to the throne room to talk to me about Jack asking me to the ball. "What do you have to say for yourself Jenny?" demanded the King. I stood silently not trusting myself to talk. "The news has spread farther than the kingdom and I know for a fact that quite a few princes were going to ask you to the ball, and you say yes to the head guards son!" yelled my dad. "I don't even know those princes, and their's no way I would ever say yes to one of those shallow boys!" I shouted. "You wouldn't have had a choice! I was actually going to invite them to stay after the ball so you could get to know them" said my dad. "WHY WILL YOU NEVER LISTEN TO ME!?" I yelled at him. "BECAUSE I AM KING AND KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR MY DAUGHTER!" Yelled my dad. "DO YOU TINK I ASKED TO BE A PRINCESS? I DIDN'T! IN FACT, I WAS DOING JUST FINE BEFORE I BECAME A PRINCESS!" I yelled. "I don't care, you will get to know these boys and you will not be mean to them," said the king. "And you are not allowed to see Jack anymore," said the King. "I'll do as you say for now father, but you should learn to never try to control me or bad things will happen, I thought you knew that," I said wand stalked out of the room. "Why where you and your dad fighting about this time?" asked Jack walking in. I was trying to hold back tears. "He said I can't see you, and that I'm going to meet some stupid princes and that they'll be staying for awhile so I can get to know them. He never listens to me. You shouldn't be here" I said bursting into tears. "Calm down Jenny, I don't care what that king says and as far as I know I'm not going anywhere, " said Jack sitting beside me. "I do have one question, though, did you mean it when you said yes?" he asked. "Yes, I did want to go but I guess that's not happening," I said. "I don't give a damn!" exploded Jack. "I don't care what he says! Jenny, I need to tell ever since I first met you I loved you, I love you and I'm not letting anything stop that, not even the king" said Jack. "I love you too, and I'll never love anyone else," I said. "You have to go or guards will come", I said. "Sure," said Jack. "I CAN'T BELIVE YOU JENNY! I THOUGHT THAT WE WERE FRIENDS! BUT I GUESS NOT!" Shouted Jack suddenly, then winked at me. "AND I CAN'T BELIVE I TRUSTED YOU! I HATE YOU JACK NOW AND FOREVER!" I  shouted playing along. "Punch me" Jack whispered. I threw a punch as hard as I could. "WHAT THE HEAK WAS THAT FOR!?" roared Jack. "THAT WAS FOR YOU BEING A COMPLET JERK AND IDIOT!" I screamed. "What's going on princess?" asked a guard who had heard us fighting. "What are you doing in here? The king gave strict orders to make sure you came nowhere near the princess" growled the guard. "You're coming with me," said the guard grabbing Jacks arm.
   On the day of the ball true to his word about ten princes were at the ball. They were total idiots that only cared about themselves but I had to pretend to like them. They fell for it and asked me to dance with them. I said yes but inside I just wanted to punch them. Half way through I wanted to claw my ears off. The boys only talked about themselves. I talked to other people at the ball and stole things like rings from them and stored them in a secret pocket in my dress. I was trying to get enough money to try to run far away with Jack. I walked out to the garden at some point in the night and sat down on a bench. I undid the bow That I had to wear in public from now on and undid it. And revealed my cat ears. I sighed relieved to finally not be deaf. with the bow, it felt like I couldn't hear. I put it back up. I had to pretend to be human. One of the princes approached me a few minutes later. "Jenny it would be my greatest pleasure if you would please marry me," he said getting on his knees. I was dumbfounded. I couldn't speak. "I-I," I said. "Yes?" he asked waiting for an answer. I got up and ran. "Wait!" he called chasing after me. "GO AWAY!" I cried and started running faster. "Wait! I must know your answer!" he cried. I kept running. I ducked under a low tree branch and my bow caught on is and tore off. My ears were exposed. He gasped. "Y-your a filthy cat person!" he accused. "Yey! you finally caught up! Do you want a sticker?" I asked pretending like he was a little kid. "You aren't the princess! your an imposter!" he cried. "No, I'm not. And if I had said yes to your proposal you would have found out much later when you couldn't change it, so isn't this better for both of us?" I said looking at my nails. "You wouldn't have said yes?" he said. "Of course! We met four hours ago" I said rolling my eyes. "I see" he sad. "And I am going to tell the guards that you are an imposter," he said. "You'll be disappointed," I said. "Now I need to get back to the ball before I'm missed," I said taking out another ribbon and putting it in my hair. I walked back to the ballroom and pretended to have fun. Then all of a sudden right in the middle of the room the most shallow prince of the bunch got on his knees and asked me to marry him. I stood there staring at him for five minutes with my mouth open. I didn't know what to say. Everyone looked at me waiting for my response. I didn't move, frozen as a statue. "I-I don't know what to say" I finally whispered. "Then say yes" he practically begged. I turned white and fainted, of course, it was all fake but I didn't know any other way to get out of it. I heard people whispering. the prince said "Cold feet, she couldn't handle how amazing I am." I pretended to wake up a minute later. "Where am I? Why am I here?" I asked the prince. "Who are all you people? And why am I wearing a ribbon and such  a fancy dress?" I asked confused. "You don't know who I am?" asked the prince. "Yes, I'm sorry should I know you?" I said. reached up to pull off the ribbon. "I'm sorry but I don't know why I'm here I'm no one special I'm just a girl from the outskirts of town. I don't know why so many people are here? Is this a gift?" I asked pointing to the ribbon. "I'm sorry but I can't accept it," I said taking it off and showing my cat ears to everyone. The prince gasped. "I think I should go, I don't want to ruin this wonderful looking event," I said trying to get up. "Princess, you must have hit your head, please come with me," said a person. "Where? I should be getting home now" I said trying to go for the exit. "Oh on princess, this is your home," he said.
   When I woke up I was relieved to be out of the ball. It was so easy to fool people. I sat up in bed to see the prince who had proposed to me in the ballroom. I punched him in the nose. "Sorry, you scared me, not GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" I shouted. "You remember what happened last night?" he asked. "Yes," I said. "Then is it a yes or a no?" he asked. "GET OUT!" I shouted shoving him out the door then I closed it and locked it. "Finaly! peace" I said sitting down. "Now I need to figure out how to get rid of all these pesky princes, permnently" I said. Little did I know that the prince who had proposed to me in the garden was listening to my every word...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....