Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pirate Girl Chapter 1

"Daisy! Come inside this instant! You need to get ready for the festival" said my mother. I climbed down from the crows nest my father had made when I was little. I loved to climb up and look through my spyglass to try and spot ship sailing into the harbor. "Coming Mother" I said climbing down. I went inside and brushed my long brown hair and slipped on a dress that was lilac purple and had ruffles on the  waist and the shoulders it went a little lower than my knees. I retied my orange ribbons and went outside. "I'm ready mother" I said. "Daisy I would tell you to wear something that your sister has but we must go" said my mother who was shaking her head. We lived in a small village that was slowly growing. My father is a trader and we barley ever see him. Lily my big sister is very pretty with her short blond hair. Today at the festival every boy and girl who are eighteen will do a special dance to pick who they wish to marry. I'm only sixteen. When we get to the town square the dance starts. The girls start dancing then the boys who dance in a circle giving every girl they like a piece of cloth with their name. If the girls don't like them then they drop the cloth. Many boys give Lily there cloth but she drops one after another. Until a boy called Jeffery who is tall and hansom gives her his cloth and she keeps it. Next everyone dances into the night and eat and have fun. I have fun, but I wish that my father was here. We would talk, dance and laugh together. He has been gone for about four years. I miss him so much. I go home early. I go to my crows nest and look out to sea. I see a sail in the distance. As it comes closer I see that it had a black flag,of pirates. The worst pirates. I get downed run to everyone shouting"Pirates are coming! everyone run!" No one hears me over the music. I try to tell people but no one will listen to me. I saw the ship dock and knew that we would be captured. I saw pirates with swords lurking behind houses. "Well well, what do we have her" said one. The others walked out of the shadows and surrounded us. I was knocked to the ground in the panic. I hit my head. I tried to get up but My head hurt to much. Ten minutes later everyone was tied up and benighted into the ship. I had heard stories of small villages being attacked by pirates and everyone taken hostage and sold as slaves but I thought I would never happen to us. I was scared, but happy I had my fathers spy glass. Lily and my mother had fear in there eyes as did everything else. "Ok come on out everyone, we have our first selling" said the captain. We where all taken to the harbor where people looked at us and bought a few of us. "I'll take her" said a man looking at Lily. "How much?" asked the captain. "I'll give you five thousand" he said. "Deal" said the captain. Lily looked terrified. Other people where sold. I wasn't but I just got more scared. A lot of use where left even after the selling. At the next selling people looked at me and everyone else.
      One day a boy who looked about seventeen came to a selling and saw me. We had be captured about two months ago and I was a wreak. "How old is this one?"he asked. "I'm sixteen" I whispered. "I'll take her for ten thousand" he said. "Deal" the captain said. "Well? Get out of here girl" said the captain. I walked over to the boy with my head down. "How long have you been with than man?" the boy asked. "About two months, my whole village was captured, I tried to warn them but  they didn't listen. My sister and mother where both sold" I said not looking at him. "That's terrible" he said. "What's your name?" he asked. I stayed silent. "It's ok you can tel me" he said. "Daisy" I said. "That's a nice name" he said. "I bet you're wondering why I got you" he said. "Yes" I said. "I got you because you looked like someone who is strong and smart" he said. "What is your fathers name?" he asked. I was surprised. "Paul Sandiliago" I said. "I thought so" he said. "You know my father?" I said. "Yes I do, but he was captured by pirates and taken to a place called Galway that is full of pirates" he said. I was terrified. "I want to get him back" I said. I haven't seen him in four years" I said. "I thought you would say that" he said. "Come if you want to save him you will have to learn how to use a sword" he said. "Wait! What's your name?" I asked "Ari" he said. When we got to his house he let me get cleaned up. When I was done I felt relaxed. "It's nice to see you clean" he said. "Come I need to give you something" he said walking to a closet. He opened it and pulled out a leather jacket. "This was your fathers he wanted you to have it" he said. I took  it and out it on. I was snug and warm. "Thank you" I whispered. When I went to my new room I couldn't sleep. I took my dress and used a pair of scissors I had snagged and cut it so that the skirt was shorter.
   When I woke up then next morning and started my sword fighting with Ari. I was a fast learner. "Remember don't fight any pirated immediately, your innocents are your best weapons, they won't expect you to know how to fight" said Ari. He had also told me if I had to fight do it where people wouldn't see so I could keep up the innocent act. I was good at it. Ari had taught me martial arts and how to pick a lock and much more. One day I went out to get some food because Ari was still my master. I guess I hated that I was someones property. I was walking to the market when someone grabbed me and covered my mouth. I tried to scream for help but my scream was muffled. "Isn't she a pretty one? We could make good money off of her" said one of the people. "We sure could" said another. I tried to struggle free. I wanted to play harmless and innocent. I made my eyes wide open and pretended to be scared. "Ha looks like we got a weak one" said one of the men. I opened my mouth and bit the man who's holding my mouth. "OW!" He yelled. I broke free, but not before another guy caught me. "You think that"s smart?" he growled. I stepped on his foot and elbowed him right between the ribs. He doubled over. I kicked the one I had bitten and ran as fast as I could until I reached the market. They chased after me and tried to corner me. "HELP! THESE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO HURT ME!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "HELP SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! THESE TWO MEN THREATENED TO HURT ME AND TRIED TO KICK ME!" I screamed. I had gotten peoples attention. The man who seemed to be the leader grabbed me but the collar of my dress and lifted me up a little and made a fist with his hand. I turned my head away. I pretended to choke. A few officer came running towards us. "You two are under arrest for assaulting this poor girl" one said. "She attacked us!" said one. I burst into tears "They threatened to hurt me if I didn't do what they said and they tried to kidnap me" I said sobbing. "You two have to come with me" growled and officer. "Come on sweetie, we should take you back to where you live" said the other. "That won't be necessary officers, this girl is mine" said Ari. "We found this girl getting attacked" said an officer. "Well the good thing is she is not hurt" said Ari. When we walked home Ari said "Good job pretending that those men where attacking you, you really should be more carful though." "Ok" I said

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....