Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Gamers Curse Chapter 6

"Hey! You! Why do you think you're so great? It's not like it's a miracle to survive SAO. It's no big deal. You should go back and die in a hole" said Jasper. Jasper and his thugs of friends shoved me against the wall multiple times. "That hurt shrub?" sneered Jasper. "Not really, in fact, it tickles a little," I said standing up and shoving past them as if they were nothing. "What the hell? How did you push past all of us?" asked Jasper looking more like the Hulk than a teenager. "Stay away from VR, if you value your life," I said walking away cooly. When I went to the TGL (The Game of Life) meeting. "I hope you all have been doing some serious leveling. But try to avoid physical things like fighting if your level is really high or we could all get in trouble" I said. My long jet black hair was in a braid that was really tight and went down to my waist. I spun around and it shot out and people had to duck to not get hit with my whip-like hair. "We've been working on despised weapons for everyone so we can kill the beasts," I said pointing to a big table fill with strange looking weapons. "Take your pick, I'll take whatever's left," motioning to the table. Everyone ran to the table. When they were all done I saw that the last thing on the table was a whip with small jagged teeth like razors all over it. I grabbed it and thought of where I could put it. I pushed a button and the teeth got sucked into the whip. I undid my braid and braided my hair around the whip loosely and got a black ribbon and tied it around the handle to make it look like a bow and did the same on the end of the whip, which was conveniently the same length as my hair. I pulled it out and slashed it out in front of me. "I can work with this," I said putting it back. "Ok, Everyone! Let's split for now! If you need to tell me something message me on SAOS! Other than that, I'll see you next week" I said walking out.
   At home, I had my whip out in the woods and I was pretending to fight wolves. I had my skill up a few levels, but I wanted to get it up more. "Gem! time for dinner!" called my mom. "Ok, Mom" I called putting my whip away. When I walked away from my mom practically interrogated me. "Where do you keep running off to every week? And why are you suddenly wearing bows? I thought you hated the sight of them." "I'm meeting with some friends from SAO. And I decided to try out a new style" I lied. "I know you better than that Gem. What's really up?" "I can't tell you," I growled. "You did not just growl at me. I have a right to know. So spill." said my mom. "I told you I can't tell you!" I said getting up. "You sit down young lady, I don't know what's gotten into you but I know that you won't see them for the next two weeks!" said my mom starting to shout. "YOU CAN'T DO THAT! THEY DEPEND ON ME! I'M THE STRONGEST OF ALL OF THEM! THEY COULD DIE WITHOUT ME!" I yelled getting up and banging my fist on the table causing the table to shatter down the middle. "What was that?" asked my mom looking at me fearfully. I looked at her in horror and ran out the door. "WAIT! GEM!" my mom called behind me trying to chase after me. I jumped over a high brick wall where my mom wouldn't be able to follow. I ran to the TGL headquarters and sat down on the floor trying to hold back tears. "I hate the game of life, Why me? Is this  game meant to ruin people's lives?" I asked myself. I saw a small dagger. I grabbed it and faced the blade towards my heart. I tried to plunge it into my heart but when I tried someone grabbed my hands to hold me back. "What are you doing?" asked Eito. "Are you trying to die?" he demanded. "I can't do this anymore. I can't live like this. Don't you see? This is meant to ruin our lives, and if that's the case then I'm not going to live like this. I broke my mom's table in half when I got mad at her, she won't take me back. I'm a monster" I said tears streaming down my face. "You're not a monster, we need you. All of us" said Eito. I looked up and saw that everyone was watching me looking worried. "I'm sorry everyone, but I can't do this. in SAO I wasn't brave or strong, I was weak and I dealt with it by pretending to be strong. I'm a coward, and I don't deserve to live" I said tearing up again. "YIN! YOU'RE NOT WEAK! IF ANYTHING YOUR THE STRONGEST OUT OF US ALL!" Shouted Eito. "I'M NOT! WAT DO YOU THINK I'M SAYING? I NEVER WANTED TO STUCK IN SAO FOR TWO YEARS! YIN DOESN'T EXIST! MY NAME IS GEM! I STARTED PLAYING SAO SO I COULD HIDE HOW SCARED AND WEAK I WAS! AND IT JUST GOT WORSE, I NEVER EVEN TRIED TO DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD CAUSE ME PAIN! SEEING ALL MY FRIENDS DYING? LIES! EVERYTHING I'VE TOLD YOU ALL LIES! WHEN I WASN'T FIGHTING I WAS ROTTING AWAY IN THE TOWN OF BEGGINGING!" I cried. "I don't care, the weakest of us are the strongest," said Eito. "B-but," I said wiping away to my tears. Eito stopped me by kissing me. I was to stunned to do anything. When he leaned away he said "You're not weak, you amazing, you are the leader, without you, we wouldn't be here, we would be rotting away somewhere," said Eito. "So can you help us now? Can you e our leader" Eito asked holding out his hand for me to take. "O-ok," I said taking it smiling. "I'm glad Gem" he said smiling. Everyone cheered. That night I returned home. When my mom opened the door she ran to me with tears in her eyes. "My baby! I'm so sorry, I never should have said that. But you will need to explain how you broke the table and jumped over that wall" said my mom holding me out. "I'm sorry too, ever since I woke up I've been different, and it's not good"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....