Friday, January 13, 2017

SACHB Chapter 4

The Artemis cabin is really nice but it's lonely. I can here the other campers laughing in their bunks with each other. I looked up at the full moon. "What's the meaning of this? Do I have an important destiny or something?" I said to the Moon. "Whatever," I said going to sleep. I had a strange dream where I was going up an elevator in what looked like the Empire State Building. The glowing button said 600. When the door opened I saw an amazing place like a place. "Welcome to Olympus Star, I am Artemis your mother," said Artemis. "I thought you where an eternal maiden," I said. "I must take you to meet the other gods. My black hair looked just like Artemis's hair. And my eyes were the same silver. My bangs blew to the side in the breeze. "Come, my child," said Artemis. I hurried to catch up to her. "Meet the Olympians," said Artemis opening a big set of elegant doors. "Welcome Star," said a man who looked like Zuse. I didn't know what to say. I just stood their frozen. "We don't have a lot of time," said Zuse. "I'm just going to tell you, you need to go on a quest and it is extremely important that you do. The country is depending on you" said Zuse. I woke up with a start. I saw Clarisse looking at me. "Come on get up, it's time to get up and go to breakfast newbie," she said. "I'm up," I said getting up. When I go to the mess hall I sat with Nico. "Hi," I said sitting down. "You look like you didn't get any sleep" Will noted. "I slept but I didn't get any rest," I said rubbing my eyes. "How old are you Star, if you don't mind me asking," said Nico. "I'm fourteen," I said taking a sip of my water. "That's a long time for you to survive without coming here," said Will. "I lived on the streets, it's hard to survive without the cops catching you and taking you to a foster home, but I stayed away from the cops since I was about eight. I was lucky, I lived with a bunch of other girls and about half of them got caught by the cops when I lived with them, I had about ten close calls" I said taking a bite of my pancakes. "Wo, you've had it harder than most demigods," said Will. "That's understandable, I bet there aren't a lot of Street Rats here," I said. "Street Rats?" said Nico. "That's what we're called, kids who live on the street are considered as worse or sometimes worse than actual rats," I said. "Wow," said Will shocked. "I've never heard that one before," he said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I've heard all of the strange stories of how demigods survived. But I must say yours it the most interesting I've heard yet, not that many Demigods survive past twelve without coming here" said Will. "I had a dream where I talked to Zuse last night, is that normal?" I asked. "Yes, that's normal. What did Zuse tell you? It must have been important for him to tell you directly" said Nico. "He told me I had to go on an extremely important quest," I said. "We should tell Chiron about it right now," said Will getting up. "He's right, we need to tell Chiron right now, considering you just got here we'll need to help train you to fight monsters ASAP," said Nico. "Chiron, Star got a quest from Zuse and he said it was really important," said Will who was the first one who got to Chiron. "That is very rare for Zuse to give someone a quest directly," said Chiron. "Clarisse, please take Star to the weapon shack so she can pick out a weapon," said Chiron. "Sure, come on Newbie," said Clarisse. "So, take a look and see what you like," said Clarisse sounding board. I saw something black in the back of the shack. I was a sniper. "Hey, how about this," I said picking it up. "Oh, that things been back there forever. On one wants to use it cause you can fight up close and personal. How about this handgun? There pretty good" said Clarisse. 'How about I take the sniper and the handgun, so I can fight close and far" I said grabbing a small dagger and throwing it about a millimeter away from hitting Clarisse's neck. "YOU COULD HAVE HIT ME!" exploded Clarisse. "I didn't because I have great aim, I mean Artemis is my mom," I said getting it and sheathing it in a little bracelet that I fastened on my arm, and hid under my sleeve, I always wore a leather jacket, it made me feel safe. "Come on let's go, I'm done here," I said smiling. An hour later I was sniping at some dummies and fighting with my dagger and handgun, at the same time against Clarisse. I cornered her pointing my dagger at her throat and y gun at her head. "Star wins!" announced Nico. At the campfire, Chiron announced my quest. "Star, you can pick two people to go on the quest with you," said Chiron. "I chose..." I said thinking about it eliminating people lighting fast. "Will and Nico," I said confidently. Nico and Will looked suprised. "You'll begin your quest in the morning,  you three better get some rest" saud Chiron.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....