Thursday, January 4, 2018

Hidden Chapter 6

I refuse to go to school, my dad can't pry me out of my room. "It's the last day of school before you go to that fancy school across the country," he says trying to pull me off the bed. "No!" I shout holding on anything I can so he doesn't pull me off the bed. "Hey Lilly, come on time for school," says Kitty walking in. "You haven't been to school for several days and it's boring without you," said Kitty. "Fine! I'll go but You owe me," I say getting up. I walk into school not saying anything but I glare at Kitty every now and then. "You finally return, I thought you would never come back Lilly, or do you prefer Harley?" says Pippy when she sees me. I say nothing I just drift around school all day. When schools over I bolt. People see me running and call "Hey Harley!" I run and don't stop until I get home. "How was it?" asked my dad. "A nightmare," I say going to my room. The next day all my stuff is packed and my dad takes me to the airport where I board a plane going to California where someone from the school is going to pick me up. I hid my face so no one would recognize me. The flight was long and boring, I had nothing to do so I thought of songs in my head. When the plane lands I'm asleep. I'm driven to the school it's big and amazing. When I get to my dorm I see my roommate who is wearing all black and looks really edgy. "Hi, I'm-" I star to say. "I know I'm Raven don't mess with my stuff and we'll be fine," she says storing out. It's really late in the day and a Friday so I decided to explore. I dump my bags on my side of the room planning to unpack later and start walking. I wonder the halls looking around. It's amazing. There are a ton of music rooms with state of the art instruments. Computer labs, art studios and so much more. I'm walking down a hall when I hear the music. It sounds really cool and I lean against the wall next to the door listening. I can picture the perfect lyrics in my head. The music abruptly stops and I hear cursing. "Why can't I get the lyrics? I have the beat but no lyrics are coming," I don't say anything. The door burst open and a girl storms out. When she's gone I walk in and see a piece of paper. I see that there is a recording of the music. I plug in headphones and starts writing lyrics completely absorbed in the music and writing the lyrics. After an hour of me listening to the music on loop and writing lyrics I'm done. I start recording my own music for a new song I'm writing I want to make something with an electronic beat. I make a nice catchy beat then applied the lyrics I had thought of on the plane. I recorded the lyrics then messes with them to make the song sound better. When I'm done I listen to the final piece to see how it sound and it sounds great. I go back to my room and since I'm alone I make a vlog. "Hey everyone it's Harley and I thought maybe you would like to hear a sample of my newest song," I say and I start singing. When I'm done with my demo I say "See you soon everyone!" And stop the tape I still wear my mask it makes me feel safe. I post it and it blows up everyone loves my music. except for those few haters who just love making me feel bad. When Raven comes back she's grumbling about something but I leave it. That night I'm looking through comments when I see one that surprises me: "Why does she wear the mask still? We know who she is what is she scared of something or what?" I reply saying that I can wear my masks if I want and then I pin it so everyone can see it and my reply. In the morning I go to my first class editing. We have regular classes and classes for YouTubers, songwriters, artists, computer geeks. For people with talent, the schedule is made with all interests in mind. It's amazing. In music creation, I make a sad song that is really inspiring and that is a little different but I love it. I post the song during free period. People think it's good but rather sad. I don't mind I think it's perfect. On the way to lunch, I run into none other than Iris she's my age and. I think she's learning about acting. "Sorry" I squeak Iris is really popular. "It's fine. Wait you're Harly right? I'm a huge fan," she gushes looking down at me. We're the same hight she's just wearing four-inch heels. "Thanks, I didn't know that celebrities liked my music, I always assumed that they didn't listen to it since I'm a no one," I say. "No! You're huge everywhere especially HollyWood," says Iris. "OMG! The rumors where true! HARLEY REALLY IS HERE!" yells someone. "See? Everyone is excited for you to be here. Come on!" says Iris dragging me to the cafeteria. "Guys this is Harley she's finally here!" says Iris to her friends. "My name is Lilly," I say. "Huh?" says a girl because I take really quite I'm extremely shy. "My names is Lilly," I say louder. "I know it's Lilly I thought you liked Harley better," says the girl. "I'm fine with it when people aren't talking directly to me," I say. "I get it it's hard to keep your cool when you're trying to stay anonymous we all know that feeling," says Iris. "It was even harder when no one knew it was me and I had to train my brain to not react to the name Harley, I was really surprised when my music went viral I didn't think anyone would listen to it," I say. I hear a snap and see someone with their phone out people are going crazy taking pictures of me I cover my eyes and run to my room. I lock the door the whole school knows I'm here. I grab my favorite mask and put it on. I never want to take it off. Its dark blue with holographic specs I made it myself a few years ago and it was my first mask them my fans sent me more masks now I have at least two dozen now. I mess around on my laptop for a while until I need to go to seelp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....