Monday, January 8, 2018

Cat Thief Chapter 25


Mike and Luke are treating me and Nicole like we're not human. Which we are. At school, I see a cat outside and it meows. I hear it and make a slight nod. Someone is talking about Sapphire and it's bad. "Jenny? Are you listening?" asks the teacher. "It's Anastasia actually," I correct. "The attendance says that your name is Jenny," says the teacher. "It was, now it's Anastasia," I say. "Get out of my class," says the teacher pointing to the door. I get out and wait outside for the bell to ring. I'm taking a college level class online with my glasses because school is so boring. "You got kicked out of class too?" says Luke sitting down next to me. "Sure did, they can't accept that my name is Anastasia now, you humans are strange, Cats change their names all the time and so do cat people," I say leaning back. "Want to see my glasses?" I offer. "why they're just sunglasses," says Luke. "Just put them on," I say giving him my glasses. I put them on him and he just stares at the screens. "Wow," is the only thing he can say. I snatch them back. "I know right," I say smiling. "You're taking college-level courses?" Luke asks. "What? School is boring and stupid, I can learn more with these than a teacher could ever teach me," I say. "What is your real name?" asks Luke. My father wanted to call me Samantha but the name my mother called me was Airi it means cat," I say. "Airi is really pretty why did you change it?" asks Luke. When she died I couldn't stand the name I couldn't live with it, so I changed my name to Kitty and became a thief," I say. "I'm not proud of my past so I change my name to run away from it," I say. Luke touched my cheek wiping away the tears I didn't know I had. "When she died I never cried my eyes felt empty," I say. Look down at my white hair. "I never realized how pretty you are," says Luke. "When she died I couldn't cry, I refused. I forgot about how much I pushed away those feelings, this is the first time I've cried since she's died," I say. Luke leans into me and I don't stop him. Right before he kisses me the bell rings. "I need to get to my next class I'll see you later," I say jumping up. "Ok, Here," says Luke giving me a hastily written note. I open it in my next class Meet me on the roof during lunch -Luke 
       I got to the roof and I see Luke waiting. "Hey," I say walking up to him. He gives me a hug. "Hey Airi," he whispers. I realize how much bigger Luke is and I feel like a rag doll. We sit down and talk. We laugh I feel happy. The Luke kisses me. I have flowers in my hair and my cheeks flush. "Airi, I think I love you," Luke whispers then he kisses me, I'm in his arms and when we kiss I feel like air, it's the most amazing feeling ever, I melt into Luke. We are one. A few minutes later Nick finds me. "We're just talking go away," I say my emotions gone, Nick leaves. Luke kisses me again and it's as magic as the first. When we go to class I'm happy. Truly happy for the first time in years. Luke may be Eighteen about to go to college and I'm only fifteen but I love him I know I do. "What's wrong with her?" asks one of Lukes fans. "I don't know," says one of Mikes fans. After school, I walk with Luke and we hold hands. We decided to hide it from the others but we're in LA on the other side of town, we walk to the beach and just laugh. He picks me up and twirls me around like we're in a movie. I laugh out loud. Then he lifts me down and kisses me I'm still about a foot off the ground and I wrap my arms around his neck. We stay like that for a few minutes. Then we walk the beach hand in hand. Till sunset when I go home Nick is waiting. I was out, Nick you don't need to be so concerned," I say going to my room where I stay up half the night texting Luke. At school, we walk away from each other but We are together in spirit. At lunch for the next week, we eat on the roof. I'm in utter bliss when it's shattered by a rumor. "Luke is dating a senior," I hear people whisper through the halls. I'm broken I'm crushed. I'm back to my regular self. My strong closed off self. I see Luke on the roof with the girl and I run crying. He runs after me. I punch him weakly. "YOU TRAITOR!" I scream at him in the courtyard where Luke catches me. "YOU HORRIBLE TRAITOR. I HATE YOU!" I scream. Bullet, Nicole, Mike, and Nick run up to us. "I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!"I scream everyone is watching us. "Babe what is this girl talking about?" asks the girl. "OH SHUT UP TIFFANY!" Yells Luke. "YOU DON' GET TO SCREAM! I'M THE ONE YOU BROKE! NOT HER! WHAT ABOUT US? I THOUGHT YOU SAID FOREVER," I  scream. I'm in tears. "Us?" says Nick. He's ready to punch Luke and that's just what he does. Bullet kicks him. "You better explain everything right now or else," Nicole says going crazy. "What are these twerps doing to my boyfriend?" says Tiffany. "You better explain yourself too, or I will make you regret ever being born," says Bullet. "Luke is my boyfriend we've been going out for a few days, did you not hear the whispers?" says Tiffany. Luke is still holding on to me. "LET GO OF ME!" I scream Luke still holding on to me. "No Airi," whispers. "Tiffany shut up we're not dating you blackmailed me onto dating you," says Luke glaring at Tiffany. "What happened? Why are you screaming at Luke?" asks Mike. "Mike sorry bro but I've gotta tell you something. So me and Anastasia are together," says Luke looking down at me. "Together? Like dating together?" asks Nicole. "I'm not familiar with that term, but I'm happy for you," says Nicole. "It happened a week ago, we agreed not to tell anyone," says Luke. "Traitor," I say. Luke picks me up and kisses me and I melt. "Am I a traitor now?" Luke asks an eyebrow raised. "No," I say hugging his neck.
      Within the hour there is a video with me and Luke and it's number one on trending. I'm happier than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....