Friday, June 2, 2017

Fire Angel Chapter 5

We've been living in the woods, it's very nice, once a week I go to a small town and by some food, we have a little money saved up. We both know it won't last long. Until Moneka and I can both control our powers, Moneka is helping me with my powers and I'm teaching her things she should be learning in school. "Come on! We need to go!" said Moneka shaking me awake, I sat up got my pack and ran with her through our escape route. We sprinted until we got to a cave and ran in and followed it until it went next to a highway. I was panting a little. "Good drill Moneka," I said smiling at her, we practiced it at random times in case we had to make a quick escape. "Now come on time for morning training," I said walking through the cave entrance back to our little place. Moneka groaned. "Come on, I'm doing this to even thought I don't want to, we both do the same things so you shouldn't be complaining," I said. "I'm coming," she said walking towards me. For morning training we both had to do physical training working with our abilities to make them stronger. For me, Moneka threw boulders at me and I had to either melt them in the air of cut through them with my katana. I did the same thing of Moneka she had to block them with her vectors. We did that for a few hours then we had lunch after that mental training, Moneka had to learn to control her vectors and make her fake arm look like it is real. I had to sit in the lake and think of things that made me mad and not boil the lake. After about four weeks we were really good with our abilities and we decided to move into town. I went high school and worked weekends and Moneka went to elementary school and was in fourth grade. When to school and registered I got my classes and went to homeroom. I had gotten a few supplies and a backpack but just the essentials. No one really talked to me until lunch. "Hey, I've seen you before, at the market right?" said a boy who sat down next to me at lunch. "Maybe, I don't know," I said. "Yeah I did, I could recognize your hair anywhere," he said. "So?" I asked. "What's your point?" I asked. "It's just strange that you enrolled now instead of when you first came," he said. "You need to know nothing about my life so stay out of it," I said making sure not to overheat. "I didn't mean it like that," he said. "Whatever," I said moving a few feet away from him and took a drink of water. I saw and ice cube melt and I took a deep breath trying to not overheat. He didn't say anything and I just tried to stay calm.another sip of water and saw the ice had stopped melting. I heard the buzz of a phone. I looked over at the boy. "That's strange," he said. "What?" I asked. "A boy about one hundred miles away was just found dead with no scratches or anything but from the way it looks he was murdered, his throat was crushed together so he couldn't breathe," he said. "That's strange," I said knowing how he died. After school, I went to get Moneka. "Hi," I said. "Hi Phe," she said smiling a little. "How was school?" I asked. "Fine nothing happened," she said. "Good, now come on, we need to get home," I said. We had gotten a small cabin that was really cheap. I turned on the radio. "The most mysterious murder in years, a boy found unharmed and dead in a dumpster with his windpipes crushed on the inside so he couldn't breathe, no one knows how it happened but one thing is for sure, it could happen to someone else at any time," then I turned off the radio. "It was so small, I didn't think it would be so big," I said. "Me neither, but we won't be found and we can try to be normal," said Moneka hopefully. "Maybe, we'll need to see," I said. "Come on let's go for a walk," I said. Me and Moneka went for a walk around town and it was a really cute town. Moneka was playing with her fake arm by moving it around in strange ways. "Moneka!" I hissed. "Sorry," she mumbled, then her arm fell off for a second. She put it back immediately and no one saw. "Come on I think you need to sleep you can't focus," I said
      The next day at school I saw the boy when I walked to school. I sped up and took a deep breath, him just being near me made me nervous and feel like I would over heat. "Hey, wait up!" he called I started to jog, I heard him call to me again and I started to sprint. When I got to class I was panting. "Ok class today, I want you to write a story about your parents and them present it to the class. I groaned. I hated my parents because when I was little they found out about my fire and when the people from the lab they let them take me because the people said they would be rich if they did. I don't know what happened to them but I hope they're dead. I wrote that they were really nice and everything but they died in a car accident a few months ago and whatnot. "I'm sorry about that," said the teacher when I read my paper. "It's fine, we were never close," I said and sat back down in my seat. At lunch the boy sat with me again, "Leave me alone," I said and sat as far away as I could from him. I avoided him all day. When I got home I walked to the lake and walked in up to my chin, It was cold but I didn't care. I went under and released all my frustration and heat I had been holding inside of me. When I got out there was a lot of steam. I floated around cooling down. "Wow, three hundred, I think that's a new record," said Moneka who had a thermometer floating next to her. "That's not a good thing," I said. "So? It means that you can release more heat so you don't have to store so much in your body," said Moneka. "That makes sence, now we need to get back. Can let people think we arn't human, that's our secret that only we know," I said as we walked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....