Monday, June 19, 2017

Hidden Chapter 5

After school, Kitty ran up to me. "Hey, I have an awesome idea! What if we did a collab, we could like do a song together," she said looking excited. "Cool, but do you have any songs?" I asked. "Nope!" she said smiling. I sighed then dug around in my bag and pulled out my notebook. I wrote songs that came in my head that would be good to sing. I flipped through them and found one called "Rock n Roll" I scribbled a few things down and boom it was a duet. "Here, take a look, I'll need to figure out the beat and everything, but there are the lyrics," I said tossing the book to Kitty. She smiled and jumped a little with every step. "When should we do it?" asked Kitty. "How about three days, that'll give me enough time to figure out the perfect beat," I said.
    That night I set in bed with my laptop and turned on my DJ app on it. I worked for hours and finally managed to start. It was slow work but the further I went along the faster it went. In three days it was done. I tapped Kitty on the shoulder in the morning. "It's done," I whispered and walked away. I couldn't' concentrate on anything, and Kitty was the same way. After school, we sprinted to my house. When I walked in I called "Dad! I'm having a friend over, it might get a little loud," then we ran to my room. I grabbed a mask and Kitty and I sat on my bed. I hit record. "Hi, everyone! I have some very exciting news! Kitty is here with me to do a collab! It's so awesome! And before you think of anything, Kitty swore she wouldn't help with the search," I said. "Hi, everyone! I did say I would keep Harley's secret and I'm so excited to do this collab!" I turned on the music and we started to sing. It was amazing. After we were done we couldn't stop laughing. "I can't believe on one has found you, it's kinda crazy," said Kitty. "I know, they didn't even think of doing what you did," I said
    In school the next day everyone was buzzing. And people were hounding Kitty demanding to know how she found me. "I'm not saying a thing, figure it out on your own," she said stubbornly. The all walked away grumbling about how it wasn't fair. I smiled, Kitty hadn't told. People talked about how Kitty might have found me. I still try to stay under the radar. So far no one has really noticed me. I'm not important enough for them to focus on, I'm just part of the background. It's been a few days and everyone is trying to figure out how Kitty found me. "This is so frustrating! Can't anyone think of something to find Harley?" said Pippy one day practically ripping out her hair. "We can't think of anything Pippy, Harley is too smart she's always one step ahead of us," said one of her friends. I smiled slightly. Pippy saw "What is it, Lily? What's so funny?" she demanded giving me the stink eye. "Nothing, just maybe the solution isn't as complicated as it seems, people tend to over exaggerate things and that might be stopping you from finding the solution," I said. Pippy just flipped her hair and looked away from me. On the way home I started singing "Rock n roll" while walking home because I didn't think anyone would hear or see me. Boy, I was wrong. I got carried away singing and was soon not aware of anything around me except me singing. I kept singing all the way home. I turned on the radio when I got inside and an interesting story started blaring "ATTENTION EVERYONE! HARLEY HAS BEEN FOUND!! I repeat a few students heard her singing and videoed it then posted it on youtube. The media is freaking out after a fruitless search in the school Harley said she went to in New York. More about this later," "WHAT!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm so stupid!" I said knocking on my head with my fist. I should have been more careful and aware but I wasn't. "Well, I'm dead, I can't believe I was so careless! After all this time I was so careful, but I had to slip up, at the worst time!" I said to myself. I ran to my room and covered all the windows. I refused to leave my room but I went on youtube and saw the video on trending. "I just want to die!" I said when I saw it, I was so embarrassed. Even the school talent show was less nerve racking then this. "I'm never going back to school!" I moaned. "I'll just live in my room forever," I said. I stayed in my room for the rest of the day. "Lily time to go to school!" called my dad the next morning. "No! I can't if I do I'll die!" I said sitting up. "You won't die," said my dad. "I will! Someone videoed me yesterday and I was being stupid and now everyone knows! If I go to school no one will leave me alone!" I said. "You can stay home today ok? But you're going to school tomorrow," said my dad. "Fine!" I said.
        The next day when I walked in I kept my head down all day and covered my face. "I never thought a loser like you would be Harley, I figured it was someone popular begging for the spotlight," said Pippy when she saw me. "Leave her alone Pippy!" snapped Kitty who had walked with me to school. I didn't make eye contact with anyone all day. When I got home I slammed the door and slumped on the ground. "How was it? I see you didn't die so it must not have been that bad," said my dad. "It was so much worse! Everyone stared at me, and no one left me alone! I never want to go back," I said lying on the floor. "You need to go to school Lily," said my dad. "Can't you homeschool me? Please," I said looking at him. "No, I have work and you have school," said my dad. "Ugg!" I said looking at the ceiling. "This sucks!" I declared. I went to my room and looked online for schools online because I refused to go to school. I found one that was really good and I took the entry test. I failed. I glared at the screen. I got an email and saw it was from a school in California and it was in Hollywood for kids with talents and kids of celebrities, it was expensive and a boarding school, but they offered me a full scholarship and said I had 24 hours to say yes or it would be withdrawn. Dad! I got an email and it's super important!" I said running down the stairs. My dad read it and said: "It's a good offer, you should do it, you were saying you wouldn't go to school and it's very exclusive not even a website," said my dad. I replied to the email that I'd go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkHRoxiH7mg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....