Sunday, June 18, 2017

A New World Chapter 2

When I wake I saw the three people I saw in the woods sitting around a fire talking. "I wonder how she came," "Who cares? We need to find out what she needs and get her out of here, we can't have another mouth to feed, it's hard enough to feed ourselves as it is," said the girl Kira. "I want her so stay, she might be able to help us, and with her help, we can scavage more ruins faster," said Yukie. "She has a broken leg Kira we need to help her," said the boy. "Fine, but she should go when she is healed, I'm not helping someone I don't know," said Kira. "She's up!" said Yukie. I sat up, "where am I?" I said. "Our home silly, you got hurt so we're going to help you get better," said Yukie smiling. "Yukie! She could be an enemy!" hissed Kira. "I'm not an enemy, I don't think. Sorry, I don't know anything about what's you're talking," I said. "You don't know about the war? That's strange, well basically our Lord is fighting another one, and all the villages are suffering on both sides and unless you are smart enough to survive and take charge you'll be crushed," said the boy. "The wars been going on for several years, and it shows no signs of stopping. We have been together since out village was destroyed two years ago, we almost didn't make it. Now was scavage for parts in the villages and sell whatever we can to merchants. We're trying to get enough money to get out of here and start a new life," said Kira. "I'd be happy yo help, but I can't really walk," I said motioning to my leg. "What's your name?" asked Yukie. "Emmy," I said. "Cool! And where are you from? We saw a strange ship thing and we have no idea what it is," said Yuki. "Another world, in my world a man came about fifty years ago mentioning another world. No one believed him, but it was true and..." I explained how I came and about the mutation. "Wow, that's crazy," said the boy. "My names Ray by the way," he said. "Nice to meet you, and I do want to help you all," I said. "How can you with a broken leg?" said Kira glaring at me. "I don't know, but I do want to help. You can take whatever you want from my launcher," I said. "We already did, we didn't want anyone else to take out loot," said Ray. "It's fine I don't need it," I said and tried to get up. I saw a few black spots but I was able to stand with only a little pain in my leg. "How are you standing? You wouldn't have been able to stand up for at least six weeks, so how are you standing?" asked Kira. "I don't know but now I can be useful, I don't want to be a burden to you," I said. "Well we need to move anyway or we might be caught by troops," said Ray. Within three minutes everything was gone and there was no trace people had ever been here. We moved out fast and walked several hours. We got to a burned down village where Kira opened a trapdoor in a house that had partly survived. We went down a ladder and reached a cavern filled with a dozen people who were talking and doing things like cook some kind of meat over a campfire and some were trying to dry some sheets. "This is the remains of our village, we live down here and try to survive as well as we can. It's hard and a few of us were injured during the fire but we're all fighters," said Jay. "Here everyone who is eight to fifteen scavage surrounding villages and anywhere else we can find and try make a little money. We save it up and when we need to buy things from the few traveling merchants," said Yukie. "Wow, this is amazing," I said looking around. "When we can we try to find survivors of recently destroyed villages and take them here. We have few resources so are mostly self-sufficient," said Kira. "I'll help where ever I can," I said. "You can scavage with us from now on, you'll have to learn to use a weapon or you'll be in trouble. We have a few you can pick from. We mainly use them for when we see animals that we can kill and take back here to eat," said Ray. "Ok," I said. I saw a bow and walked over to it, it was very well made. I took it and notched an arrow I pulled back the string and released it. I flew right passed Kira and almost nicked her in the ear twenty feet away. "YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME!" She roared. "I couldn't I have great aim in these things," I said putting it on my sholder with the quiver of arrows, I grabbed a dagger as well for a close range weapon. Then chaos broke lose. I heard screaming from above and everyone else tried to get up the lader to see what was happeneing. When we all got up into the open we saw soilders and a little girl looking scared. "So that's were you rats have been hiding, well you're coming with us," said one of them. I nitched an arrow and shot him in the throat then we all attacked...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....