Saturday, June 17, 2017

A new start and a new Life Chapter 1 (War in Me Part 2)

"Hey, Sapphire. I wanted to talk to you," said my "dad" when I walked in. "Yeah what?" I asked. "A man, an extremely important man want you to be his son's bodyguard. His eldest son recently went missing and he doesn't want anything to happen to his younger son. He thinks you are good for the job because his friend says he saw you several times at a shooting range handling many different guns properly and hitting the bullseye every time. It's an important job, and you'll be paid," he said. "How important is this kid?" I asked. "He's the missing prince's brother," said my "dad." "He had a brother?" I asked I was never told about a little brother. "I'll do it," I said, I didn't know why. "Good, he'll be here tomorrow. He's in all your classes and you are expected to stay by his side all day until three thirty," said my dad. "Fine," I said walking to the basement where my room was. "This sucks," I said.
   The next day at seven am, I heard a knock on the door.  I opened it and saw a boy the same age as me with a man in a black suit and glasses behind him. "I'm guessing you're the kid I'm supposed to protect," I said looking at him. "Yeah, and I'm not a kid!" he said glaring at me. I had decided to cover my missing eye with some sunglasses so he wouldn't be freaked. "I'm protecting you, wouldn't want to get on my bad side," I said. "What's your name?" I asked. "Ben," he said. "See you later Ben," said the man. "You should go to school now Sapphire," said my dad. I started walking and Ben followed me. "What's your brother's name? I've only read about him names as the missing prince," I said. "It's Dan," said Ben. I put my hands in my pocket and felt my guns, good. And I had a machine gun with extra ammo in my bag just in case. We didn't say anything else. "Hey Sap, who's the kid?" asked Nicole/Kara. "I'm not a kid!" said Ben. "Ok, squirt," said Nicole. "New student in school I'm showing him around," I lied. "Oh, why you? Nevermind," she said. "Where are the others?" I asked. "They have some things that they are helping me with plus a few friends are coming over," said Nicole. "Nice, I'll help you later," I said. "Ok, later," said Nicole walking away. "Who's that? And what did she mean by stuff?" Asked Ben. "It doesn't concern you," I said. We walked through the outskirts of the city when around five guys walked over. They looked about twenty, "Hey little girl," said one. I tensed. "Ben get out of here, this might get messy," I said Ben nodded and ran off. "What do you want?" I asked. "Nothing much, just for you to give us all your money or else," he said. I smirked. "What is it, girl? Wanna fight?" he asked pulling out a knife. I pulled out my guns and pointed them at him. "Please, come at me," I said. He lunged, I shot him in the head and finished off the other ones in a few seconds. I made sure there was no blood on me and I found Ben. "Let's go, we're going to be late," I said walking to school as if nothing had happened. "What happened?" asked Ben. "I took care of them now come on," I said grabbing his arm and sprinting to the school so we wouldn't be late. I didn't really talk to Ben, I just kept an eye on him. "Hey! Watch where your going twerp!" said a kid older than me. "S-sorry, I didn't see you," said Ben. He tried to punch Ben but I grabbed his fist and flipped him to the floor. "Come on Ben we don't want to be late," I said grabbing Ben and dragging him to our next class. "Hey Sapphire, can you take off your glasses? I want you to be able to see the board," said my teacher. "I'm fine," I said. "What is it freak? Don't want to show anyone?" asked a kid in front of me. He snatched off my glasses and everyone stared at me. I looked down, I hated that everyone judged me for having one eye. I hated that I couldn't tell anyone why I had one eye. And I hated how everyone thought I was different because of it. I'm not that different but they can't see past skin deep. During lunch, someone tried to take my bag but it was too heavy because if my gun. "What's in this thing?" they asked. I glared at them and grabbed my bag and put it next to me. After school, I went to the shooting range to take my mind off everything. I pulled out my guns and started shooting. After I got bored of hitting a still target I went home. "At home, I went to my room and took out my guns and unloaded the ammo then reloaded. "Wish I could do something more fun than being a bodyguard, after all, I'm the one who did it, so who else would? This is stupid, complaining about it, and I wouldn't be able to do anything like it again because of my eye," I grumbled.
     The next day was the same, but I kept replaying what happened with Dan in my head. I wondered why I had to kill him. And why I was doing this, protecting Ben I mean. I didn't want to, but I had said yes anyway. I'd much rather assassinate people, not protect them unless I could do some minor killing. "LOCKDOWN! LOCKDOWN! THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT NOT A DRILL!" Said someone on the loudspeaker. Everyone in classes ran to take cover. I glanced out the window and saw five people with guns walking down the hall a goof fifty feet away. I grabbed my bag and headed for the door. "Sapphire what are you doing?! Get back here, I'm not letting you leave," hissed my teacher. I opened the door. "Well, well, well. Look who we have here a kid who thinks they can be a hero do they?" said one guy. I pulled out my machine gun and aimed it. "DIE YOU, IDIOTS!" I  yelled and I started firing like crazy. Within thirty seconds I had killed all of them and put my gun away. I was covered in blood but I didn't care. I opened the door to my class "I took care of them," I said walking in. Everyone started at me covered in blood. "Please tell me it's fake," someone whispered. The teacher called the office and they announced that the people who had broken into the school had been taken care of. No one was allowed out of class until the police had come and taken away the bodies and cleaned up all the blood. I walked around all day with blood on me, and everyone looked at me with fear. "What happened?" asked Nicole who was back in school, she had to tell her dad several times she was fine and had to fly over to the academy to show him she was ok. "Later," I said. "Sapphire what happened?!" asked my mom when she saw me. "There was a paint fight in art today I I got his with a can of blood red paint," I lied. "Oh well clean up, we have guests coming over tonight," she said. Just then someone knocked on the door. I opened it and saw several news reporters with cameras and mics waiting outside. "Sapphire! What happened in school, how do you describe what you did depending the school and stoping the terorists?" everyone kept saying. I slamed the door. "Who was that?" asked my mom. "Don't know, must have gotten the wrong adress for something," I lied then went to my room so I could escape the reporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....