Saturday, June 3, 2017

Cat Thief Chapter 22

I stay in the lab Mavis said I could use, she thinks I might make some weapons, but I'm just biding my time waiting to see what her real intentions are. I've hacked the security system and am able to see everything in the palace. I keep it hidden from everyone, but I'm able to hear every conversation. I practiced fighting with my metal claws I made to fight Yin, I know it wasn't a dream. I research what the other girls told me about their world. I gather all the history books I can find and look at everything on the web hoping to find something leading me to them. I search the word "demon" and Find some news articles that are several centuries old. I see Nicole, Bullet, and Sapphire. In and article posted several months later I see Flare also, they are all different from what I remember but they have the same features. "Excuse me?" said someone walking in. I shut off my glasses that are connected to the web and security system. "Yes?" I said. "I was told to tell you Princess Mavis would Like to see you, Princess Jenny," he said. "I'll come at once," I said. I walked down the hall my glasses on my face but not on. I didn't want to alert suspicion. I turned on the security system and looked for Mavis. She was in the conference room waiting. I turned it off when we were outside the room. "Mavis," I said coldly sitting down. "Nice to finally see you, Jenny, you have been in your lab for a week saying nothing to anyone, and not even eating," she said. "When I focus on a project I forget to eat and sleep, the only time I do is when I'm going to mess something up and I'm near death," I said. "You must be near death a lot then," said Mavis. "What do you want to talk about? I know I was not called here so we could discuss my well being," I said. "You are right, I wanted to tell you we are planning to start the invasion in a week, and we will do it with or without you," said Mavis. "I wanted to ask, how is your father? I heard he had come up with a sickness that is uncurable," I said. "He is slowly getting worse, he left me in charge of the kingdom," she said. "I must be going now, I have much to do, and it's not Jenny anymore, it's Kana," I said and went back to my lab. I started working as soon as I closed the door. I was going to make a time stopper and time machine. I had to get to them, and I would defy every law of physics if I had to. I worked for hours not sleeping or eating. "Jenny?" I heard it was Nick. "Not now I'm working," I called, a million things running in my mind that was being typed on a notepad in my glasses so I could use it later, I often came up with inventions and complicated equations to defy the laws of the world and if it isn't written down immediately I'll forget. Nick barged in with Sam behind him. "I said I was working, now get out!" I said them my eyes started to drop. I was exhausted. "You need sleep, and we aren't leaving until you do," said Nick. I got up and walked over to the coffee maker that was in the lab and got a big cup and drank the whole thing then got another cup. "Can't sleep," I said. Nick grabbed me. You will sleep, and Sam will give you sleeping serum, she is programmed to make you sleep when you over work," said Nick. "Fine, I'll sleep but only three hours, I have to get back to work," I said then I fell to the ground unconscious. When I woke it was noon outside. "HOW LONG WAS I ASLEEP?!" I demanded. "Eight hours and seven minutes," said Sam. Mavis burst in just then. "Why are you here?" I asked looking through the cameras quickly. "I wanted to make sure you weren't dead," said Mavis. "I was wondering if I could see your father today, I might be able to make a cure for him," I said. "He is very sick, and we don't know if it's contagious so no," said Mavis. "I understand, well I need to work so everyone get out now," I said. Everyone cleared out and I started working again. I looked on the web for the exact date that one of the articles with everyone except Flare was in a picture. I typed in the date and stopped time and climbed in.
     I didn't see anything except darkness. It seemed to take forever, but I finally saw a light. I fell out of the sky and landed with a thump in front of two people, a boy, and a girl. It as really sunny and I had to squint to see. When I got out I saw the two people staring at me. "C-cat ears? and a tail?" he said pointing at my ears. I wanted to throttle him. "Kitty?" said the girl staring at me. I realized it was Flare but paler and thinner. "Flare?" I said. "I can't believe you're here?! How did you get here exactly?" asked Flare. "I'll explain later, after I kill him," I said pointing at the boy with my claws fully extended. "Oh no! Don't kill him he's fine he just didn't know about you know, and he won't tell anyone, but you should cover your ears and tail," said Flare. I typed in a thing in my glasses and my tail and ears went. "Nice now let's go, and I never asked, but what are you? I know you're part cat but what are you called?" asked Flare. "I'm a Meif'wa, you don't have any here? That's strange I thought that we always existed," I said. "How did you get here?" asked the boy. "Time travel obviously, I found some articles on the web and saw you so I was able to put in n=an exact date for when to come and here I am, I didn't put in a specific location though, Where is here anyway?" I asked. "Florida," said Flare. "Florida? I've never heard of that kingdom," I said then I searched it up on my glasses and read an article about it. "This time is much different from my own," I said. "How so?" Asked the boy. "Lots of things, and if I told you I can't imagine what could happen," I lied, I knew what would happen and there were so many places I could go wrong. "What's your name anyway?" I asked the boy. "Nico," he said. "Nice to meet you, but if you react like that to any other Meif'wa then you will get a few deep scratches and lose a lot of blood," I said. "Good to know, but I'll be fine," said Nico. "Flare can we go somewhere to talk? I have a few things I need to tell you," I said. "Just follow me, we're almost there," said Flare. We came to a warehouse and went on a catwalk about twenty feet above the ground and started talking. "Flare, we need to get the others they have already found each other and are in Los Angeles, we need to get to them, and I'm afraid Nico can't come, he'll need to stay here or who knows the others might do when they here he knows some things he shouldn't" I said. "I agree, I can get us there and We should take your time travel machine. We should go now," said Flare.
     We appeared in LA right in a park under a tree at least forty feet high. "I'll track them down just give me five minutes," I said climbing the tree right to the top. I did a search but right then I saw Bullet. I jumped down and landed on my feet next to Flare. I moved my glasses to the top of my head and I did a quick backhand spring in front of them and I took one of the boy's hats. They yelled and I held it up tauntingly and stuck out my tongue then ran off and went to the very top of the tree. "HEY GIVE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!" He yelled. "Come can get it!" I called waving it like a flag. He ran up to the tree and started to climb. After five minuets her was fifteen feet under me. "Come and get it, or are you a chicken?" I taunted. "COME DOWN AND FIGHT ME!" He shouted extremely mad. "But that's no fun, I don't like fighting people who are as smart as a preschooler," I said. He roared and tried to climb higher but he couldn't because the branches were too thin. I jumped down and landed next to the other boy who tried to grab the hat. I jumped away and landed five feet way, I tapped out a message on Morris code and then threw the hat to the boy. "Boring! Thought I could have some fun but too bad, a cat thief can't get everything, by playing fair," I said and smirked. I ran past Bullet and smirked. "Meat ya here when you're done with school, lose the boys don't want to deal with them," I said she nodded. "Come on, or we'll be late!" she yelled to them and they walked off. All day I played tricks on people and messed around, it was fun, because I want a criminal here and I didn't have to deal with the king. Time flew by and I saw Bullet, Sapphire, and Nicole. I walked up to them. "Finally! Come on, Flare is over here, we need to talk, and not here. I'm going to stay for a bit, I'm bored of my own time and we need to talk about why Kate might have lied," I said they all nodded...


Hi guys, it took me forever to write this, I swear if I could I would wish to type at the speed of light because it takes so long for me to write this but it's worth it, have a nice day, or night!
-Star🌠

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....