Saturday, November 25, 2017

Cat Theif Chapter 24

I just learned of Sapphire's death and it makes my heart ache but I don't have time to grieve. Mavis's army is coming and needs to stop them. I'm trying to rally everyone together not against my father but with him. I can't believe it either. I just need to hold of Mavis and her army long enough for word to spread that her dad the king is alive and well. I go to the castle gates and see everyone rallied there waiting for me. They're desperate. "What do we go?" said someone in the crowd. "We defend ourselves. I'm working on something to make that walls ten times stronger. I don't want bloodshed. We just need to wait for word to come to Mavis. While I was over their I cured her father of his illness that would have killed him within hours making Mavis the queen. If that happened not only we are doomed but every other kingdom is in trouble. We must stop her and we will. But only if you follow me, I've run through all the calculations and the only way we have even the tiniest fraction of a chance is with me. Any other way ends with catastrophe and thousands dead," I say. "I'm working on fortifications on the castle it can hold everyone if needed. For now just sit tight I will send out a warning when they get close when you hear it go to the castle. Don't look outside it could giveaway where you all are," I say not mentioning I had blackened all the windows anyway. Two hours later I see them coming. Mavis has an impressive army but it won't win this battle. "What are you planning?" says Nick who's behind me. "Oh, nothing. You know me, I'm never planning anything," I say. Nick just looks at me his eyes half closed frowning. "Fine! So what if I'm planning something? I can't not be planning something," I say. Nick just shook his head. "Do you want to know my plan or not?" I ask. "Sure," he says. "When I'm done here I'm going to dissolve the monarchy and make it a democracy. It would be nice to rule but I'm not doing that, I have other things I want to do. And we all know my father is unfit to rule," I say. I can see Mavis clearly now she is angry. By the time she and her army are a hundred feet from the wall I see the helicopter I sent for her father. It lands right in front of her. I jump down and land next to him. "It's nice to see you here I was worried you would come too late," I say smiling at the king. "Mavis what is the meaning of this?!" he says looking directly at Mavis. "Father? How are you alive? You were hours away from dying," sputters Mavis. "You! You did this!" Mavis hisses at me. "I couldn't let him die, unlike my father. He is a good wise king and you asked me to help you, so I did help," I say acting nice. "You were the one who gave me that sickness didn't you Mavis? Ever since you where little you wanted to be the queen so much you would try killing me," He father says outraged. "You're my father I would never!" Says Mavis. "Or would you?" I ask. "No I wouldn't," she says. "It wasn't a rhetorical question now look," I say showing footage on a holograph of Mavis slipping poison into her father's food. Mavis glares at me. "That has to be fake I would never do something like that," she says. "I got directly from the security system you tried to destroy it but you can never completely destroy footage nowadays. It was buried very deep but it was not gone," I say. "Thank you for saving me. What's your name?" says the king. "Princess Jenny, It's nice to meet you," I say smiling. "Thank you, Jenny, I am in your debt," he says. "Mavis you will ever be queen I'm revoking your right as a princess," he says to Mavis. "Excuse me, but since you don't have an heir to the throne anymore I have an idea," I say. "What?" he askes. "I was going to try to make my kingdom a democracy where people elect leaders for a span of five years our countries could combine and not only would we be stronger together but no Heir to any throne would be needed and the people could have a choice on who can rule they get a say," I say. "That's a wonderful idea," he says.
       My father indeed does make me the Queen but I tell the people of my plan after my coronation and that anyone can run for election the only requirement is to have a basic understanding of politics and you need to be an adult. I said it would take three months until someone was elected to lead and that it would be two people at the end, one from our kingdom and someone else from Mavis's kingdom her father said that we should merge countries to be stronger. "I will not be around for the election but I have programmed my android Sam to know the rules and organize everything until the someone gets picked as a leader I'm not going to be here because I have other things that I would like to do. I shall be leaving tomorrow I wish everyone the best of luck. I will come back every now and then but not very much. Goodbye everyone," I say leaving done with my announcement. "Where are you going?" asked Nick. "To see some friends when I was hit with that dart I had a dream of sorts I met them in real life they all live in the past one of the just dies I need to go see them. Plus I've done all I can here I know I'll never really fit in here," I say. "You can come if you want but You'll never be able to speak of here," I said. "I'll go I have nothing here anyway and my father is making me insane," said Nick. "Ok we need to go now, I need to get to my friends," I say.
           We land on LA just where I put the cords. "What the crap?" Nick said holding his head. "What? Come on we need to go," I say I hide my ears and tail and go to Bullets house. I knock on the door and Mike opens it. "Is Bullet here?" I ask. "Yeah but she's grounded for the next century," he says. "Can I see her? I need to talk I haven't seen her in a while," I say. "MIKE WHO IS IT?!" Bullet yells. "It's Jenny Bullet," I call. Bullet is down in a split second. I give her a hug. "I need to talk to you it's important," I say. Nick coughs. "This is my friend Nick. Nick sorry but this is confidential sooooooo," I say. "I'll get out of your hair," says Nick. "You want to play some video games?" asked Mike. "Sure," says Nick and they go off. "Frist off Where's mine I need it now and second I can help you with a few things," I say. "It's in my room, I knew you would come sooner or later," says Bullet. "B?! WHAT IS IN YOUR ROOM LET ME SEE IT NOW!!" yells who I can only presume is her adoptive dad. "IT'S A PRESENT FOR JENNY!" Bullet Yells back. "BRING IT HERE!" Her dad yells. Bullet proseds to make a long string of curses at her dad while she gets Sapphire's soul for me. "You happy? It's a necklace for Jenny I have one Nicole has one and Kata has one. Nicole made it and gave it to us a few days ago," says Bullet showing Sapphires soul. Her dad says nothing. "I need to talk to you now," I say. "Let's go," says Bullet leading me to her room. "Your dad reminds me of my dad," I say. "How was your plan anyway?" asked Bullet. "Dethroned my dad stopped Mavis, became queen, made it a democracy, cam here. It's going well." I say. "Nice," Bullet closes her door. I place down a small button and press it. "There now no one can hear us. I know how to get your lost memories back," I say. "How?" asks Bullet. "I can't explain but, I'll have to put you in a medical induced coma. Only for a little while but if you want to live after you get your memories back then you will," I say. "Ok, I'll do it. It's time I learned where  came from," Bullet says. I put a small decice on Bullets forehead and start the program. Bullet Slumps asleep. I lay her down and start looking for the lost memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....