Saturday, November 25, 2017

Bullet Train Chapter 16

I took Nicole's advice and didn't talk to the parents at all until Jenny came. I opened my eyes to see blue dark blue around me like a starless night sky. I knew I was in my head. I blink And I'm somewhere else. I look down and see me when I was ten. With the ribbon in my hair, it was brand new then. I'm crying but I don't know why. I hear footsteps and I see Luke. He picks me up and takes me to the gang. Then Everything goes dark. When I open my eyes I see my sister. But not the way I saw her a few days ago. She's younger. "Come on sis, don't be so scared it's not that high, see? I can do it too," she says. "Come on girls! Time for cake!" calls someone. She has black hair and electric blue eyes like mine. "Sasha? Did you dare Sara to climb up there again? I thought I told you not to do that ever again," she says. "Sorry mommy" my sister Sasha says. "Not to me to Sara," she says. "Sorry Sara," Sasha says. We go inside to cake it's apparently my sixth birthday.
Timeskip
     I'm ten. I'm playing with Sasha when someone grabs me. I'm screaming.
Skip several days
     I manage to escape my kidnappers they're chasing me when I trip and hit my head. They think I'm dead because I'm breathing so low they can't tell I'm alive. And then I wake up crying.
     I shot awake. "Did you get them back?" Jenny asks. "Yes I know what happened, I know everything," I say. My life wasn't perfect but I was happy with Sasha my mom and dad. My dad had blue hair and brown eyes. Sasha had black hair and brown eyes. We both got looks from out parents I got my dad's strength and speed. Sasha got my mother's artistic talent and music talent. "What was your name?" asks Jenny. "Sara, it was Sara. I had a sister she's older than me by a year so she's sixteen now. When I was ten I was kidnaped I escaped and hit my head, they thought I was dead and left me, then I became Bullet Train," I say. "I met Sasha about two weeks ago she called me Sara and I freaked. I need to talk to her," I say. "We need to find her then," says Jenny grabbing my arm. We leave my room with Mike waiting outside with Nick. "Evesdroppers this is why I hate rooms that aren't 100% soundproof," says Jenny. "We didn't hear anything anyway," says Mike looking disappointed. "Of curse you didn't," says Jenny smirking. Nick just shakes his head. "Nick come on let's look around this place I need to talk to you," says Jenny no doubt telling him about LA and how for them they're in a different time. "What were you talking about?" asks Mike. "Nothing," I lie. "Come on you can't lie to me," he says. "Yes I can, and I am. I'm not telling you because it doesn't concern you," I say. "It does concern me. And you know it, it concerns Luke and everyone," says Mike. "Fine, you want me to tell you? Jenny helped me fo=ind out about my past and if you want to learn more you and Luke can shadow me if you want," I say. Then I slam my bedroom door and lock it.
     The next day after school I see Sasha. I tap her on the shoulder give her a note telling me we need to talk and I walk away. Luke's been briefed by Mike so they're both shadowing me. I go to the spot and wait. Within minutes I see Sasha. "Hey Sasha I remembered you, I remember it all," I say smiling at her. Sasha's eyes tear up and she hugs me. "After a year we had your memorial we didn't think you were alive. I never stopped looking when I saw the report of you getting electrocuted I knew it was you. I knew you where slive mom and dad didn't believe me. So I flew out here on my own I looked everywhere for you but I only saw you for the first time at lunch when you stop Luke's lunch money and you had that fight. I didn't say anything I kept hidden but I never stopped watching. I knew it was you I sent mom and dad pictures and videoes of you soon enough they also said it was you. We never gave up I waited for you to remember but you never did until a few weeks ago I couldn't take it I had to talk to you," said Sasha now full on crying. "I need to tell you what happened," I say. I tell Sasha everything minus Nicole the DA and magic also Jenny being part cat, Nicole being a literal she-devil, Sapphire, and Flare being a magical girl. When I was done Sasha hugged me. "That's so much to go through," she says. "Yeah, it was a lot," I say. "Do you want to come home with me? We can see mom and dad, we can have a happy ending," says Sasha. "How about first you meet my adoptive parents," I say. I take Sasha to my house and she tells my mom and dad about what happened. Mom is in tears at the end of it all.
         The next day Sasha joins me, Mike and Luke, to school. "Sasha, I wanted to tell you that I can't leave here. My friends need me, and I'm happy here," I say. "I get it, but can you call mom and dad and tell them you're alive," says Sasha. "Sure, and I'll call you a ton too," I say Sasha is going home to New Jersey tomorrow. "Ok Sara, I'll see soon," says Sasha giving me a hug before she heads to the airport. "I'm glad you learned about your past, but when are we going to go do some park or?" says Luke hitting mine on the back. I roll my eyes. "We can go tom=night make a bunch of noise get in trouble then deny it all," I say. "You should do a news segment about your past it would go viral," said Jenny popping out of nowhere. Nick is beside her as always. "I guess that would be interesting but I don't really need it right now," I said. "Why?" asks Jenny not knowing about who I'm getting interrogated every day at school because I was friends with Sapphire. At school everyone surrounds Jenny asking her about Sapphire. Nick balls his fists. He gives Jenny questioning look but she shakes her head. Nick grumbles something I can't hear and Jenny just gives him this strange look and he just shrugs. "Nope not a chance," she says to Nick. After school, Nick and Jenny are fighting. "You don't need to protect me, it's not your job," "You're the princess, I'm sworn to protect you," Nick hisses. "I thought you swore never to speak of that," Jenny says. "What are you guys talking about?" asks Mike. "Nothing Nick is just being stupid and annoying. I'll catch you later," says Jenny sprinting away Nick doesn't follow. "She's going to steal something isn't she?" I whisper to him. "Yeah old habits die hard and because of you know she finds it rather fun and enjoyable," says Nick. "Well Me Mike and Luke are going to mess around catch you later," I say.
      That night I enrage so many people that te cops chase after us trying to catch us but they can't. I don't get tired for even a second. One cop tries to get the roof a few buildings over they try to surround us but we just go a different way. I laugh out loud I love being reckless like this. It's the first time I've laughed so light at airy and real in I don't know how long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....