Thursday, October 19, 2017

Bullet Train Chapter 14

Today is the day I was found. It's my birthday since I don't remember my real birthday today is my birthday. "Happy birthday Bullet Train," says Mike at breakfast. "Thanks, you better not do anything like you did my first year," I say. "Oh I was hoping you would forget about that," said Mike laughing nervously. "Not a chance. If I even hear anything that sounds remotely suspicious you are dead," I say getting up ready walking to school. Mike comes after me. "Hey, birthday girl said Luke walking next to me swinging me over his shoulder. "WHY YOU LITTLE!" I start to yell. "Hey calm down, you don't need to always yell," said Luke not putting me down. "I swear if you don't put me down right now I'll-I'll. I'LL KILL YOU!" I finish. "Not a chance birthday girl. Hey, remember your first birthday. Man, that was awesome. "Don't think about doing anything like that this year. I stand by my word I will kill you," I say giving up on Luke putting me down. "I wouldn't dream of it, or maybe I will I'm going off to college soon and that's not going to be fun so I'll have to make this time last," says Luke. "Quit pretending to be sad we all know you're dying to leave your parents. We all know you do everything they hate and you are finally going to be on your own. We know you'll bolt as soon as you get the chance," says Mike. "Yeah now come on! Put me down We're almost at school and I don't need anyone to see me like this," I say trying to get down. "No way, today is going to be the best, in fact, Mike and I have been planning it for a while," said Luke grinning to Mike evily. "I swear this the exact opposite of what I wanted," I say. "We know that's why we went through all the trouble to do everything," said Mike. "This is payback, isn't it? This is so payback," I say rolling my eyes. "Some of it is, the other part is all for fun. You haven't had a real party since you came to LA come on we need ad old Skull Hand Gang party," said Luke. "I hate you guys," I say. By the time we get to school everyone is staring. "Put me down! Come on you guys can't do this all day," I say. Luke finally putting me down and I go to my locker them tailing me. People are crowded around it. "What the hell did you do?" I demand. "Nothing," says Mike. I shove my way past everyone and on my locker is the Skull hand gang logo and the words: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BULLET! "Oh god I'm going to kill those two later," I mutter and open my locker. In my locker, I see a single object that wasn't their before. It was an old ribbon. I grab it and my stuff and march up to where I last saw Luke and Mike. They, of course, ran off. I felt like I would explode. "They are dead for sure this time," I mutter to myself. "It's B's birthday. I didn't even know she had a birthday. Who knew? I'm so jealous Mike and Luke wouldn't decorate my locker on my birthday," "You like Luke? He's 100% bad. But I guess he's cute, even if he treats B like his sister and he's always around her. They're always arguing and threatening each other but they always laugh when it's over," says two girls.
        When I do see Mike and Luke at lunch I glare at them. "I'm guessing you saw what we put in your locker," says Mike. "Yes I did, Luke why would you keep that thing? I thought you trashed it long ago. Why did you keep this thing? It's disgusting," I say shoving it at Luke. "Bullet it's the only link you have to your past," says Luke. "I DON'T REMEMBER MY PAST! NOTHING! I LEFT IT BEHIND YEARS AGO! Do you remember the real reason I'm called Bullet Train? It's not only because of my speed it's because I was able to let go completely of my past after only three days. You said it yourself Luke I move on like a Bullet Train. That's how I got my name. I let go of this and everything else connecting me to the past you can keep it. I let go of my past years ago, and I intend to keep it that way," I saw walking out of the cafeteria with several people staring. I see one girl her face hidden by a hood I can only see her eyes but they look familiar. I head to the bathroom to calm down when I see my eyes in the mirror. Then it hits me that girls eyes look familiar because they are mine. Then it comes rushing back to me.
       "It's you....... Sara, I'm your sister,"
        It comes and goes so fast I can't proses it. I just stare at the mirror. "I- I have a sister? Why don't I remember seeing her? It was two days ago, I know it was. Why didn't I remember no one could forget something so important so fast," I mutter to myself. "It shouldn't be possible. Did Luke know? Did anyone know? Luke must have known I couldn't stand to look at that ribbon, I refused to look at it. I tried to get rid of it." I run out of the school to the only place I know where to go. I go to the city and climb a building I hide on the roof for hours. "I was a dream. I don't have a sister I don't have a past my past started when I woke up the first time. Before that is nothing. I'm fifteen I know what and what didn't happen to me. And I don't have a sister. I've spent the last and only five years of my life trying to live and I don't care what happens I'm never going to have a sister. Even if I did I don't now I lost my past five years ago so I need to make a new one. My past, not Sara's she is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Thief Chapter 27

I've been hiding for a while in my time. Not very brave but I Don't really care, I'm happy staying here helping with everything....